Anybody Want A JCM800 Made By Laney ;) For $500 Shipped!?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Robotechnology
  • Start date Start date
Robotechnology
Robotechnology
Laney GH50L head. You never hear anything bad about Laney's for good reason (there is nothing bad about them). Other than a 1/4" tolex tear at the bottom right edge and some of the grille weave is flecked (so it's white in some spots as pictured), it's pretty much in near mint shape. You CAN'T see ANY of the white from across a room. Comes with a Marshall 2-Button Footswitch as well (2nd button doesn't do anything with the Laney).

43orxwg.jpg

4gzz3p0.jpg

433hkld.jpg

3y47rqe.jpg

4dpovuw.jpg

3y5ejwk.jpg

There is a resonance switch for tightening up the low end thump, depending on what cabinet you are using, Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Master Volume, Gain and Drive (footswitchable). There is also a Hi and Low input. On the back there is the jack for switching the drive off and on, an effects loop with level control, a slave in and out, and multiple speaker impedance outputs and a bias switch for using either EL34's or 6L6's. Currently running Grove Tube EL34's with tons of life left. These things run about $800 new. $500 shipped CONUS

SixStringGuitars@aol.com

Those Laneys are really cool, especially for the price. I would put one up against a JCM800 anyday of the week. They just don't have Slash, Zakk, and Morello driving up the prices. I used the 100 watt version for a few years and it sounded great live.

I am really hurting for cash otherwise I would have bought this from you and sent it to Mark Cameron :)

What's Mark Cameron's turn-around time on something like this?

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":4815c said:
I am really hurting for cash otherwise I would have bought this from you and sent it to Mark Cameron :)

will he mod laney's?

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":68ebe said:
>|<>QBB<

Methinks... Yes!!

I would imagine he would bro, but yeah i think his turnaround time right now may not be so good due to Namm!

Cant wait to hear more about the new Cameron amp line 8)

I think someone posted in the HC spam thread lookign for one of these.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":3ade2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Im not sure now that he is launching his new line!!

No???

Please tell me you're joking, Ralph!!!
I sold my Wizard and have some $$$ with no place to go!!

Hope you're VERY well, Bro!!

Keith :wink:

That amp is no where near what a JCM 800 sounds like.......I had one......it's a cool amp though.......it has a Peaveyish buzz to it.....loud as hell.....nothing JCM800ish in it's gain structure.....

Back