Anyone Rockin’ a Myasnikov Preamp?

• Thread starter Thread starter skoora
  • Start date Start date
skoora
skoora
Some of them sound pretty good. The thread about the Soldano X88r got me thinking about them as they make a clone/variant. The 2C+, Naked and 5150 ones peak my interest. Curious if they would tackle old school Orange or do an SVT type one.

i have the iic+, though ive not played it in a couple years since i got my real iic+. i should do a comparison. i been eyeing the CCV on reverb

JdmUDXH_d.jpg

That guy on Reverb saying he’s the U.S hookup for new ones seems to have prices that are a fair bit higher than on the actual Myasnikov site.

There's plenty of info to build your own on SLOCLONE, but that Forum is dead.. Don't look for quick answers.

There's a guy on here that helped me build my SLO preamp.. Don't wanna throw his name out without permission, but I think he might do these.

🤷‍♂️

I’m not interested in a SLO Clone or Soldano based one.

I could sell you a IIC+ Preamp designed by Dunwich Amps, built by PLX-FX for a fraction of the price of the Myasnikov.. It just sounds like shit :ROFLMAO: It's made to be the Metallica IIC+ preamp pedal with a built in EQF-2. Maybe I suck at dialing in parametric EQs. Or maybe IIC+ preamp clones suck.

Attachments

• 412396432_24459281080353806_2441841673754714300_n.jpg
    412396432_24459281080353806_2441841673754714300_n.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I had his Savage (“Angry As Fuck”) along side the Synergy Savage and they sounded the same except the tone knobs had different frequencies and tapers. Both are awesome.

I had his IIC+ and now have the Synergy IICP but there was a gap between owning them. I think they’re similar but a bit different as the Mysanikov sounded best without a boost and I’m preferring the Synergy module with an OD808.

I had his Savage (“Angry As Fuck”) along side the Synergy Savage and they sounded the same except the tone knobs had different frequencies and tapers. Both are awesome.

I had his IIC+ and now have the Synergy IICP but there was a gap between owning them. I think they’re similar but a bit different as the Mysanikov sounded best without a boost and I’m preferring the Synergy module with an OD808.
I wonder about his 2C+ because in my experience, a mark without an EQ can’t be set to be the same as one with the Graphic, with an outboard EQ in the loop. There’s something about that built in graphic that is singular.

Last edited:
Good point, I think I remember Steven Fryette explaining in a video about the Synergy IICP that the GEQ is not at the end of the circuit. I got great tones out of both iterations but boosting the Myasnikov sounded nasty whereas the Synergy was more flexible. I don’t really prefer one over the other though, they both sound great.

I could sell you a IIC+ Preamp designed by Dunwich Amps, built by PLX-FX for a fraction of the price of the Myasnikov.. It just sounds like shit :ROFLMAO: It's made to be the Metallica IIC+ preamp pedal with a built in EQF-2. Maybe I suck at dialing in parametric EQs. Or maybe IIC+ preamp clones suck.
The Parametric EQ part of the N.E.W. TTTSNB (https://www.godcityinstruments.com/products/n-e-w-the-thing-that-should-not-be - the DIY build you have) is quite good.
I have build a TTTSNB myself, but I do not use the solid state preamp section of that build, just my own DIY MKII2C+ tube preamp and Mesa Five-band parametric EQ pedal.
You need to tweak the EQ knobs of the EQF-1 section carefully.

Last edited:
Bro…that looks cool as fuck.

Back