APC persuader lead and humphree review

• Thread starter Thread starter maiden_fan
  • Start date Start date
maiden_fan
maiden_fan
Pics and clips will be done at the weekend.

requests?

Put these in my strat today, replacing the dimarzio super distortion and the duncan hotrails.

Mt first impressions are wow.

I was playing guitar all day yesterday trying to get a really tight clear sound for riffage with my laney and i kinda got there with the EMG 81 in my explorer, however plugging the strat in with the same settings just left me grinning. Its so articulate and clear, the pickup is really responsive. I jammed some LOG and Exodus along with the usual maiden and all their kinda tones could be found with reason.

for high gain nothing touches this pickup so far from what i have used, the lead tone is EPIC, sustain is really rich and clear.

It is also does a really good mid gain tone for classic rock, i was jamming some rainbow and AC/DC and my tone was really crunchy and thick.

Humphree single:

This is a medium output single, but sounds as big as a humbucker, really glassy sparkly clean, great for jazz and with a bit of overdrive country or blues.

It also sounds great for shreddy stuff like dave murray legato stuff and the limited amount of neo classical stuff i can play sounded so clear and just perfect.

However both these pickups are unforgiving technique wise, if you bend a little sharp you will know about it mister.

sorry for gushing but these pickups rock.

Nice. I'm definitely going to pick up some of these, especially now that you can buy them through the website.

Back