As I Lay Dying’s newest song is a masterpiece

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
Holy shit!
Just stumbled across “redefined.”
Haven’t listened to AILD In a while. But I’m getting reinvigorated with the hardcore: newer metal stuff again.
I’m Not as much into djent (still like some), but I like more melody with some awesome breakdowns. AILD are amazing.
They get heavy and still have great control and order.
Need to find some local guys and start making some metal :doh:
Anyone know any good metal drummers/guitarists in DFW that want a side/full project?

I just can't get into Nu-metal :dunno: That's cool they're still at it though...haven't those guys been around for quite some time?

Yeah, they started as a trio.
Lost the main guitarist. The singer and drummer stayed and got 2 new guitarists and a bassist.
Then the bassist left, they Got a new bassist. The new bassist is the harmonizing vocalist, and really makes them amazing now IMO.
So the fact they’ve survived that shit, I give them kuddos.
I know this type of metal ain’t for everyone. I really love the melodic side, hits me in a sweet spot I guess. Check out Austrian death machine, it’s a couple of the guys side project. Pretty badass, more brutal. Kind of a Metal-Arnold S. Spoof.

They are not nu metal and they weren’t around for a long time because the singer was in jail for hiring someone to kill his wife lol

RaceU4her":1fkvu4zf said:
They are not nu metal and they weren’t around for a long time because the singer was in jail for hiring someone to kill his wife lol

Ha, I completely forgot about that, what happened with all that?
That makes me like them less if that’s true :thumbsdown:

He decided hiring a hitman was cheaper than divorcing his wife. Got caught and convicted and went to the clink. Got out and started the band back up.

RaceU4her":1hwoq13p said:

Gotchya :thumbsup: Well whatever the sub-genre, they seem similar to All that Remains, Trivium, August Burns Red, KSE which is not my thing. Lot of talent in those bands (Especially Trivium's guitar parts) I just can't seem to get into it as a whole.

I like all of those bands hahah.
All that remains vocals have gotten to pop-y though.
Their awesome guitarist died also. Their first couple albums were the best IMO.
I love KSE though, getting into the new Bullet for my Valentine also, they’ve gotten more metal and less punk.

bhuard75":1b1zo5yz said:
He decided hiring a hitman was cheaper than divorcing his wife. Got caught and convicted and went to the clink. Got out and started the band back up.

Personal shit :doh:
They sound better than ever now :lol: :LOL:
I’ve gone back and forth so many times about buying your dmoll.
I sometimes miss the boosted diezel sound.
That amp boosted nailed these tones. So does my multi-watt DR boosted though.
Wanna trade for a mint masterbuild Fryette D120?

Know whats fucked up too? All That Remains, their guitarist Oli died and is still being investigated as a homicide. Its believed that his wife drugged and killed his dog. Then drugged him and brought him out into the lake in back of his house and let the mother fucker drown. Shitty way to go.

bhuard75":1vov4d8n said:
Know whats fucked up too? All That Remains, their guitarist Oli died and is still being investigated as a homicide. Its believed that his wife drugged and killed his dog. Then drugged him and brought him out into the lake in back of his house and let the mother fucker drown. Shitty way to go.
That is so messed up isn't it?

And I personally cannot get into AILD because of that muther fukcer. Spineless fuck.

Killswitch Engage is my fav of this bunch. They have a new album coming out soon and they invited Howard to sing a song - which is pure class IMO.

I don't like a ton of nu-metal but I do like As I Lay Dying. The Powerless Base is a great album. I may have to check this out.

They're great. The tone on their records is always amazing. I'm still chasing the tone on Shadows Are Security, lol.

I was just listening to their album An Ocean Between Us. Killer stuff.
Tim is a great vocalist, and the best in the metalcore genre. I would also say that AILD are the king's of the Metalcore hill.

I don't know the guy so I'm not going to judge him for his personal life but he paid his debt which is how the justice system is designed. So I don't support further, continued shaming of him.

Dope band, I'll be buying the new album.

I was more of a Shadows Fall and LOG fan over killswitch and AILD, etc.

I have always been more of a NOLA guy.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, non of these bands are Nu Metal. It's called Metalcore. Some more than others.

As far as Tim Lambesis, singer for As I Lay Dying, goes - I'll just remember the old days and forget about the current state after this final post. Didn't mean to poop on anyone's band. I hate when that happens. That said, 6 years in the clink seems light to me. I can't think of too many situations where taking the life of another is warranted. I get that it was a failed attempt but I believe everything was laid out including the transfer of money and providing security codes to home, schedules, whatnot. To hire someone to do it for you just has this added rub - you know what I mean?

Oh well. Carry on. I don't go to gear forums to talk about lead singers (usually) it is the guitars that draws me to this world.

:cheers:

Hey Brandon if you dig AILD check out God Forbid. They have some pretty tasty noteage in the same vein

Back