Awesome Ozzy era and Lineup

skoora

It hurts a little to remember how good it used to be (music and live shows in general). To think Aldridge was a veteran then and can still play that good, with as much intensity, 40 years later. The band just sounds alive and raw. Something you would never get now with quiet stage, digital bullshit.

Watching Jake groove hard while playing intricate parts and nailing tricks/accents brought me back to when I realized, shit, you actually have to practice show boating/grooving and playing at the same time. It was so weird first doing it. Felt so pretentious. I’m not doing this crap, it will just come natural on stage! Yeah and so will missing half the shit I’m trying to play..lol.

Watching Jake groove hard while playing intricate parts and nailing tricks/accents brought me back to when I realized, shit, you actually have to practice show boating/grooving and playing at the same time. It was so weird first doing it. Felt so pretentious. I’m not doing this crap, it will just come natural on stage! Yeah and so will missing half the shit I’m trying to play..lol.
I don't know how much practice this was. I know that you get drugged to the gills, and if you can still play, you are going to be a rockstar. Assuming you play/practice standing up

I wonder if young people even get excited about seeing a show anymore. You’d be so hyped for it and then you would all bond hard about it, before, during and after with whoever was going. No phones, you were just in the moment completely and when it was really good, literally transported out of boring life until the house lights came back on.

I don't know how much practice this was. I know that you get drugged to the gills, and if you can still play, you are going to be a rockstar. Assuming you play/practice standing up
That’s the show in show business. Make it look loose and natural and possibly “assisted” when you’re actually focused. Well except for Joe Perry before ‘85 and Slash in the 80’s…🙂

Sharon is likely responsible for both hiring and firing all that great talent.
JEL said he had to fork over all copyrights & royalties to HIS songwriting to the Ozbournes, then sign a NDA not allowed to talk about it.
He said Ozzy said "i got screwed before and now you're screwed."
The Ozbournes are "kuntz-a-saur-ous Rex.'
Cuz w/o guitars all you got is a babbling old man with Parkinsons & a sandy vajaja.

Last edited:
Saw that tour here at the Cow Palace

1720374115303.png

I was at that show, it was my very first concert. Slade opened (I thought it was going to be Motley Crue) and got mercilessly booed and flipped off their entire set.
Mötley was pretty big in the Bay Area at the time so it didn’t surprise me they weren’t on the bill here . They headlined at the Warfield in late ‘83 and the San Jose Civic in ‘84

Back