Bernie saves the day! (Incoming GD!)

• Thread starter Thread starter bulb
  • Start date Start date
B
bulb
Hey guys!
So i have a cool little story to share with you dudes.

My band Periphery is heading out to Australia for our tour with Dillinger Escape Plan and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster in about a week or so, unfortunately touring Australia presents a lot of difficulties in getting our gear out there, so we are restricted to one guitar each, which in our case would force us to bring our 7's.

Unfortunately my Carvin 7 and JP7 are out of action at the moment from having the crap beaten out of them on tour, and Ibanez can't provide us with loaner guitars down there, so i was kinda screwed.

Now i had been casually talking to Bernie Rico, because i constantly see his work referenced everywhere including here and i thought his guitars looked awesome. When he got word of the problems we were having with this tour, he offered to loan me a stock guitar that he was finishing up so i would have a guitar for the tour!

The guitar isnt complete yet, but will not require too much work to finish up, and he thinks he should be able to get this to me before we leave on the 13th.

So i just want to give major props to Bernie for helping me out!!

These are some in progress pictures of the guitar that he will be sending.

body.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

backcutaway.jpg

sideview.jpg

Im really looking forward to finally getting a chance to play one of these beasts!!

Nice. I used to call BC Rich and talk to him and his dad when I was waiting for my Mockingbird to be built back in 97. Bernie Jr and Sr were great. Bernie Sr actually died on my 28th birthday. Congrats on the incoming guitar.

Jim

that's a win win,makes me want to go and buy one.
Can't find that kind of customer service anywhere.
And you won't see Gibson or Fender doing that.
Congrats,and Bernie is one cool cat for sure.

locoed":xa9mtlw3 said:

Actually, yes you will, and on a much larger scale than anyone else.

cool guitar, i hear good things about the ricos.

I dig maylene and think they are a cool band, hope you have fun.

Vince Sansevere":qjmi40br said:
locoed":qjmi40br said:

Haha i think he means given the fact that i am not endorsed with Rico and he is helping me out like this regardless!

Thats really cool of them, its nice to hear someone is there for the little guy :thumbsup:

That is great. I've heard nothing but good things about Bernie Rico JR. Seems like a great guy.

Good luck on tour :rock:

bulb":1cxh45uq said:
Vince Sansevere":1cxh45uq said:
locoed":1cxh45uq said:

Haha i think he means given the fact that i am not endorsed with Rico and he is helping me out like this regardless!

that's exactly what I mean.
I don't think Gibson would give me a guitar to gig
with,even though I bought 8 brand new Gibsons in the
past 4 years.but a young upstart,and a small company
like Rico,for sure.

Awesome!
Bernie is a genuinely "nice guy".
you're going to love this guitar! :thumbsup:

So a little update on this!
Apparently Bernie has been racing to get the guitar done on time, and he finished it earlier today! I begged him for pics, and i finally convinced him to send me one!
bernie.jpg

I cant wait to play this haha!!

Back