Best Neck Humbucker to match a MCP 2nd Degree BB Bridge

• Thread starter Thread starter mxr2000
  • Start date Start date
M
mxr2000
Looking for a Neck Humbucker to match with a Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt Bridge. I'm on the hunt for, Motor City or Arcane "2nd Degree BB" "T-wreck" or Arcane clone clone.I was wondering if a Suhr Tornbucker will work for this, But open for any suggestions. Also looking for 2nd degree humbucker set!!!

I've been looking into MCPs and was reading that Jerry Cantrell was using a 2nd Degree BB neck in his guitars that had either Detroiters or Afwayus. So it would appear it can punch-up to hang with higher output bridge pickups. I have the same question except for Detroiter bridge. AFAIK, the onlt diff between BB and 2nd Degree BB is A4 vs A5.

I have an Arcane Triple Clone neck but with A3 magnet (I don't know what they usually get, might be A3) and I love it. Very open/bright/clear when clean and juicy/greasy as hell when dirty.

FWIW, Wade just got back to me and said regular BB is more open/airy which is what I want.

mxr2000":ghx698dh said:
Looking for a Neck Humbucker to match with a Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt Bridge. I'm on the hunt for, Motor City or Arcane "2nd Degree BB" "T-wreck" or Arcane clone clone.I was wondering if a Suhr Tornbucker will work for this, But open for any suggestions. Also looking for 2nd degree humbucker set!!!

T-Wreck or 2nd Degree BB Neck. Both sound awesome!!

SpiderWars":t0xakqgg said:
FWIW, Wade just got back to me and said regular BB is more open/airy which is what I want.
Thats why BB is on my ball park too!!! :) :cheers:

metalmaniac93":1y81jnzn said:
mxr2000":1y81jnzn said:

T-Wreck or 2nd Degree BB Neck. Both sound awesome!!
I've a 2nd Degree Bridge and a T-Wreck neck on one of my Gibson LPC, Killer Combo.. :m17:

I still have the stock 490 in the neck of my Studio. It's backed a bit further away from the strings and I feel like it's a pretty good match for the 2nd Degree in the bridge position. It is still a bit hotter sounding but not to the point where it doesn't match up well and I like the extra juice for soloing high on the fretboard in neck position.

glassjaw7":119y2n1w said:
I still have the stock 490 in the neck of my Studio. It's backed a bit further away from the strings and I feel like it's a pretty good match for the 2nd Degree in the bridge position. It is still a bit hotter sounding but not to the point where it doesn't match up well and I like the extra juice for soloing high on the fretboard in neck position.
A 490 its the Pickup that i want to replace. Thank you for the advice!! :thumbsup:

Well I caved and ordered a set from Wade. 53mm Detroiter bridge and 50mm BB neck, both vintage ivory. I'll post a review once I get them installed. :rock:

SpiderWars":1wzqcb86 said:
Well I caved and ordered a set from Wade. 53mm Detroiter bridge and 50mm BB neck, both vintage ivory. I'll post a review once I get them installed. :rock:
Cool... Bet those are for a super Strat (Charvel San Dimas, So Cal)? :m17:

Back