Boosting amps is fun AF

I really like my Blue Note into a cranked Twin just boosted very slightly past noon on the vol-gain controls for a good blues tone. I can't listen to the OP vid right now because my bluetooth died this a.m but I can definitely get on board with using a good OD or booster in front of an amp. It's the only pedal I run. If I can't be good and entertaining with just that then all the other pedals won't help me be better so I only got a couple other boxes that dust collect at home. A good boost or OD is the most important pedal you can ever own, just my two cents.

So how does the Ibanez STL Super tube differ from the standard TS9?

I read something about the STL having two 4558 chips?

Both amps sounded great! What pickup are you running in that guitar?

Ts9 is still king and koko boost v1

TS9 is cool but I have definitely moved on from those for my style. Never used a Koko boost!

So how does the Ibanez STL Super tube differ from the standard TS9?

I read something about the STL having two 4558 chips?

Both amps sounded great! What pickup are you running in that guitar?

Yes the Ibanez STL has 2 JRC4558 chips and has a mids knob labeled Bite. It's pretty different than a TS9/808/TS10 in that it sheds a little more bass and allows you to dial in a bit more midrange if you want it. Perfect for dialing a tight tone with a high gain amp.

Guitar is my signature Solar Killertone model loaded with SD Black Winter pickups.

Dude. Sick tone and playing! Have always been a Maxon OD808 guy, but will have to try the Super Tube ST9 Pro+ sometime. I still remember when you posted that Mesa Badlander video and was really impressed.

Just curious, may I ask what are a few of your favorite amps currently in production and have you had a chance to try some of the recent direct tube options like the Friedman IR-X? Cheers!

TS9 is cool but I have definitely moved on from those for my style. Never used a Koko boost!

Yes the Ibanez STL has 2 JRC4558 chips and has a mids knob labeled Bite. It's pretty different than a TS9/808/TS10 in that it sheds a little more bass and allows you to dial in a bit more midrange if you want it. Perfect for dialing a tight tone with a high gain amp.

Guitar is my signature Solar Killertone model loaded with SD Black Winter pickups.
Get the Koko boost v1 not v2

Dude. Sick tone and playing! Have always been a Maxon OD808 guy, but will have to try the Super Tube ST9 Pro+ sometime. I still remember when you posted that Mesa Badlander video and was really impressed.

Just curious, may I ask what are a few of your favorite amps currently in production and have you had a chance to try some of the recent direct tube options like the Friedman IR-X? Cheers!
Definitely checkout the ST9P+. Very different flavor of TS/808 for sure.

Current production amps that I like are obviously the Evil Pumpkin but also I really love my Omega Granophyre especially after the circuit update they did last year. That amp kills.

Jason.. sounds awesome as always. The Ibanez Super Tube STL sounded more natural and a bit warmer to my ears, especially with the Marshall.

Both STL ST9P+ sound very good!

I like the sound of those Black Winters......:2thumbsup:

Get the Koko boost v1 not v2
Out of the numerous boost pedals I’ve tried over the years I’ve never tried the Koko V1 but I’ve heard mostly positive reviews on it. Is it pretty transparent and does it do whole tighten the low end thing ?

Out of the numerous boost pedals I’ve tried over the years I’ve never tried the Koko V1 but I’ve heard mostly positive reviews on it. Is it pretty transparent and does it do whole tighten the low end thing ?
For me it’s both very well . I bought another just incase mine went bad

IMG-5502.jpg
Current favorites for the 7-string.

Sounds great all around, good choice in pickups. Those BW have been my favorite production pickups ever. Only falling slightly short to Motor City Hothead

Sounds great all around, good choice in pickups. Those BW have been my favorite production pickups ever. Only falling slightly short to Motor City Hothead

I love the BWs. They just fit what I do perfectly. I had a MCP Solution waaaaaaaaay back in the day when he first started producing pickups and I liked it a lot.

Current favorites for the 7-string.

Never tried any of the Friedman pedals. They look cool!

Back