BULB/PERIPHERY-ICARUS LIVES COMPLETE WITH VOCALS!!

• Thread starter Thread starter bulb
  • Start date Start date
B
bulb
Hey guys!

We have been makin moves on this ep (and also trying to get a nice little 2 song teaser to burn onto cdrs and give out at shows and whatever) so we got icarus done with the new mix and with vocals (lyrics are up on the page as well)

Even though the mix has been revamped, its still good old DFHS and Podxt as usual.
I used my Petrucci 7 string and my Schecter 5 string bass for the parts and the Line 6 toneport with my AT4033 mic to record vocals.

So here is the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5022082

Enjoy!

Love it dude. Vocals add to it nicely...they don't take anything away..which sometimes is the case...

yeah i know, sometimes its weird hearing it with vocals for the first time, but for me now im used to them so the old version sounds weird haha!

HOLY SHIT this is awesome!!! Tell me when you have a CD I will definatly buy it. I really wish I had the timing to play riffs like this but alas my rhythmic skills are terrible. How is the 8 string now that you have had it for some time?

hey man thanks a lot!
the 8 string has been treating me well, the only trouble i have is that because of the scale and the fact that i like light stings i have been trying to find a set of .008 strings (just a set of six cuz the low strings feel good) that are long enough for the high E, the ernie balls dont cut it!
leave it to my 8's big black cockstock to ruin everything haha....
also lately i have been focusing on rerecording the songs for the EP which im trying to have fully recorded by april!
so i havent really messed with a lot of new riffs or anything unfortunately..

I have to bump this, it needs more people to listen to it!! I was thinking the next thing I purchase is either a seven string or an eventide eclipse - I can't decide now :). What do you think would be an easier meshuggah song to learn so I can figure out how to play these kinds of rhythms?

Good stuff man..

I actually got this guy from Cali I played Test Drive Unlimited into your stuff..

For a whole week he kept bringing up how kick ass the stuff was.

good stuff.. i like the vocals added to it

Wow.. bulb.. you rule!!!!

That solo fits in PERFECTLY!

Great stuff man!

Bulb...I had a look at your bands myspace... are they Powerball or POD?

I just wanted to say that the new mix techniques you employed payed off in my opinion. Sounds more airy and open which equates to bigger to my ears.

Good job.

wow thanks so much guys!!
glad you approve of the song and the new mix!!

i use the podxt bean although i wouldnt mind getting the podxt pro someday haha.

metalpoida: pretty much everything i do is podxt, the powerball is for my live rig, i think i have one clip on my soundclick page called "sonor of engl" where i actually miked up the engl (albeit badly) but since i live in an apt its very difficult to get away with that, especially since i record late at night, so its podxt for me till i move into a house!

very cool stuff man!

if you get a full cd done, i'll buy one

awesome dude!
we are working on the ep which should be recorded by april (or at least thats the deadline i have set for myself hehe) but yeah i will keep all of y'all posted!

I wish I had good production skills.... :(

Monitors would help....damn getting sick of trying to mix with headphones... :x

i wish i had monitors too, but im so damn poor, i just spent so much time waiting to buy some that i got used to my headphones hahaha!

Bulb? You use DFHS right? Do you have to do much editing to get them to sound good or are they ok out of box?

nah man you have to work with them like crazy cuz them come completely flat eqd and unprocessed out of the box so you can build your sound up.

Back