Cab decision.....help please.

• Thread starter Thread starter Juggernaut
  • Start date Start date
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
I have an Ampeg 4x12 cab that actually sounds pretty good, But I'm thinking it's kind of overkill, considering I'm not playing with a band right now, and most just jamming with my drummer at his house.

I am wondering how good is the Genz Benz G-flex 2x12. If the chance arises to jam in a band situationwould it cut it with 120 watt head?

I know where I can pick one up for $250, I'd have to sell my Ampeg, so there inlies the delimma. I know I could always add another Genz Benz later.......but I wanna know what you guys think?

Advice?

well, if you like your Ampeg, i wouldn't sell it. and of course, only a 4x12 sounds like a 4x12...so if you want that sound i wouldn't do it. no matter how much shit you read, reviews, etc., that say - "it replaced my 4x12 no problem" - i call bullshit. wait til the honeymoon is over.
now if you like 2x12's, and they work for what you play, then it might be a consideration. but if you wanna replace the 4x12 with a smaller box and still hope to get that sound, then i would say no.

Back