Calling Rack Guys

• Thread starter Thread starter Code001
  • Start date Start date
Code001
Code001
I'm thinking about making a second rig which is just a handful of preamps (3 to 4) a poweramp (Mesa 2:90) and 2 effects units (Intellifex + MultiValve). Basically I want to be able to switch 3 to 4 preamps with 1 poweramp and have my 2 effects processors work with all my preamps. Now, the easy part is switching the preamps. I can just get a Mesa Hi-Gain Amp Switcher. The hard part is having the ability to use all my effects with each preamp. Also, I wanna keep this a stereo rig with the ability to go to mono so no W/D, W/D/W, or W/D/D/W setup. Any ideas?

>|<>QBB<
Code001":820ee said:
I'm thinking about making a second rig which is just a handful of preamps (3 to 4) a poweramp (Mesa 2:90) and 2 effects units (Intellifex + MultiValve). Basically I want to be able to switch 3 to 4 preamps with 1 poweramp and have my 2 effects processors work with all my preamps. Now, the easy part is switching the preamps. I can just get a Mesa Hi-Gain Amp Switcher. The hard part is having the ability to use all my effects with each preamp. Also, I wanna keep this a stereo rig with the ability to go to mono so no W/D, W/D/W, or W/D/D/W setup. Any ideas?
Switchblade by Sound Sculpture, Tommy.... Thatll do it all for you...

Kage

Great idea Kage! I feel stupid for not thinking of it earlier. I can do both preamp switching AND effects routing with just 1 rack space. :) Now I just gotta figure out which model I need.

The other way to do it is get a Rane SM26B or a SM82, run all of the outputs of the preamps into one of these rack mixers. Then run the outputs of the mixer into the effects and then to the power amp. Also add a switcher in fornt and that you can run through any combination of multiple preamps at one time. Just remember to watch out for phase issues. Make sure all inputs into the mixer have polarity correct.

TheGrooveking

Now there's a great, inexpensive way of routing my stuff!!! Thanks TheGrooveking!

i tried hooking up the Rock master pre amp
with the 2101 last night with a mixer

but without a way to tame the rockmaster on command
i had some fun with it

will a A / B box work for switching the 2 pramp's ?
because i have one setup in my reamping project
im not useing ( any thought's )

You can use the A/B box for switching the output (mono) from two preamps if you want. Does you A/B box offer silent switching like a Lehle or a Whirlwind? Otherwise you may get a popping sound when doing the switching.

TheGrooveking

Back