Can you recommend a lighter, 1x12 8-ohm cab that can handle 100 watts?

• Thread starter Thread starter romanianreaper
  • Start date Start date
romanianreaper
romanianreaper
I'm looking for a cab that will do the following:
- Easier to transport than bigger cabs
- 8 ohms
- 1x12 if possible
- Great for Marshall Jubilee amp

I am going to gig with my Jubillee and have a Quilter 202 power amp as a backup. The Quilter is 200 watts (solid state) but only has 8 ohm or 4 ohm connection.

I'm wondering if I should just get a Quilter cab but not sure it will sound good with the Marshall and trying to carry less not more, lol.

I have a Marshall vertical 2x12 right now with the Eighty Seventy speakers and really want a Vintage 30 sound so eventually I'm going to get a Jubilee cab.

My favorite 1x12 is the Suhr. Tuned ports, so it sounds larger than most 1x12s. You can look into the PT version which has the H75 Creamback. Cool sounding speaker and works well with the amp you're mentioning. I doubt you'd be running the Marshall loud enough and long enough to blow the speaker.

I think all Suhr 1x12s are 8 ohms, too.

It's not much to look at, but I recently got a Carvin V112E 100w cab and it checks off all of your boxes.

You might have your opinions about Carvin, but this cab can handle 100w, is 25lb with the speaker, and it's closed back with Birch ply. No MDF. And it's only $200 new...with the speaker. The speaker isn't great, but it's not half bad.

I got it just while I was waiting for my Wizard 2x12 to be built and shipped to me and it handled the Wizard really surprisingly well and recorded pretty damn nice with a 57 and/or a 121.

https://carvinaudio.com/products/v112e-100w-guitar-extension-cabinet

Evh 5150 3 1x12
I put an evm12L that I won at a George Lynch clinic in it.
Sounds great.
With the 300 watt capacity I can use it with any of my heads.

Evh 5150 3 1x12
I put an evm12L that I won at a George Lynch clinic in it.
Sounds great.
With the 300 watt capacity I can use it with any of my heads.
I actually have an EVH 3 1x12. How easy is it to change out the speaker. Also, your speaker is an 8 ohm or 16?

I actually have an EVH 3 1x12. How easy is it to change out the speaker. Also, your speaker is an 8 ohm or 16?
Speaker change is simple .
Wires have the clips not sauntered.
I can't remember if mine is 8 or 16 ohms ?
The speaker it came with was a 70th anniversary heritage.

I'm looking for a cab that will do the following:
- Easier to transport than bigger cabs
- 8 ohms
- 1x12 if possible
- Great for Marshall Jubilee amp

I am going to gig with my Jubillee and have a Quilter 202 power amp as a backup. The Quilter is 200 watts (solid state) but only has 8 ohm or 4 ohm connection.

I'm wondering if I should just get a Quilter cab but not sure it will sound good with the Marshall and trying to carry less not more, lol.

I have a Marshall vertical 2x12 right now with the Eighty Seventy speakers and really want a Vintage 30 sound so eventually I'm going to get a Jubilee cab.
I’m not going to declare it’s the best 112 ever but I bought two prs cabs a 212 and 112. The both are sealed not ported and very inexpensive and sound great considering I normally play 412. The dimensions seem to be carefully chosen being big enough not to have that thumpy boxy tone that I’ve experienced with others. I currently have an evm12L speaker in the 112 that works fantastic with my suhr pt15 and a vht Dfifty. It’s not a super heavy thick cabinet so it resonates enough to not sound chocked and dead. But plays loud without misbehaving. They look nice too and I love the form factor of the 212 being more square than low and wide.

Back