Cantrell rig rundown.

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
Is this the old video or did they do one recently ?

This is for his current solo album tour. I am hoping that he gets the deal going with Bogner to reissue the Fish Preamp.

Bogner did that once, I can’t imagine they do it again. Especially in today’s world of guitarists and the rigs people are using. Like when was the last time you saw ANY rack mount preamp released/reissued? It ain’t gonna happen.

This is for his current solo album tour. I am hoping that he gets the deal going with Bogner to reissue the Fish Preamp.
He mentioned the Fish had some “tweak” from Boger, but I always thought the mod was actually pretty substantial.

A forum buddy had a reissue Fish for awhile and it didn’t seem to have anywhere near the gain/crunch/ heaviness one would associate with Jerry’s tone.

He mentioned the Fish had some “tweak” from Boger, but I always thought the mod was actually pretty substantial.

A forum buddy had a reissue Fish for awhile and it didn’t seem to have anywhere near the gain/crunch/ heaviness one would associate with Jerry’s tone.
Bogner "Shark Mod"...Not certain how involved the modification is from a technical standpoint, but the tone, gain and response is greatly impacted.

Bogner "Shark Mod"...Not certain how involved the modification is from a technical standpoint, but the tone, gain and response is greatly impacted.
It's pretty involved. I had a white reissue a few years ago that had that mod done to it. Some of the pcb traces were cut and rerouted. I took pics and sent to Bogner asking if that was normal. Jorg replied that it was part of the mod, he said it was super labor intensive and that they would only do it to new reissues while they were building them. He was curious about how much I paid for the Fish and what the going prices were. Sounded like he was curious about what the demand was. Super cool sounding amp, was kinda like a mix between an old Rev1/2 Uber and a modded Marshall.

I love the Afwayu pick ups, I have a few of them. I heard them say he uses a modified version of it called the Horse Hog. I'm intrigued now....

In case anyone is wondering the "Orange light" modded Fish was Jerry's main Fish and it was "tweaked" by Mark Cameron shortly before the Roxy show in LA back in the early 2000's when Mark worked at Bogner. This is why he says the Fish just sounded better than the other ones, also the original green light was broken so the only replacement at the time at the shop was an orange light according to Mark. You guys want more clips of what the Cameorn tweaked Fish's sound like I have a couple on my Youtube channel. He tweaked all the channels not just the Shark channel.

I once had a Mama Celeste that was "tweaked" by Mark Cameron. Never again.

Back