Caparison guys, answer me this please...

• Thread starter Thread starter CoachZ
  • Start date Start date
CoachZ
CoachZ
So I'm from Canada as you know, so I'm wondering: How would I get a Caparison in here. There are no distributors in Canada, so either way I'm stuck with a lovely 6% tax.

Just order direct from Japan for the cheapest price.

Guitar Asylum is the only US dealer. You can order them from Ishibashi Music in Japan though, but the wait time might be pretty long depending on which model you want.

Megadeth7684":61cb1 said:
Guitar Asylum is the only US dealer. You can order them from Ishibashi Music in Japan though, but the wait time might be pretty long depending on which model you want.
Like how much would a Horus run somebody down for in terms of cost and shipping time from Ishibashi? I could never navigate their site

CoachZ":520da said:
Like how much would a Horus run somebody down for in terms of cost and shipping time from Ishibashi? I could never navigate their site

They sell for around $1350 in Japan, so with shipping, I would assume around $1600 or so. You can always email them and ask...

web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp

That ain't bad, even with duties: It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than Gibson LP Standard :P

A LP Standard is $2500 Canadian here, the Caparison would be $1800

CoachZ":4fb48 said:
That ain't bad, even with duties: It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than Gibson LP Standard :P

A LP Standard is $2500 Canadian here, the Caparison would be $1800

Which Caparison are you looking at? The standard Horus model?

Megadeth7684":d6717 said:
Which Caparison are you looking at? The standard Horus model?
Yeah, nothing too fancy here. Key word is just looking right now. Can't afford anything at the moment.

So I just got the email from Ishibashi, they seem like very nice people to deal with. From what you make of how good Caparisons are, I find that being $1800 Canadian for a guitar new with customs in is rather good considering a guitar of that quality would be $2500+

Even though I'm not buying one anytime soon, I still got a few questions: a) Does the guitar come with a hardshell case, b) How's the neck, like the shape [I'm coming from a Wizard II here], c) How are the pickups like since they use their own presuming they're better than Ibanez's INFs and Vs

CoachZ":63e86 said:
So I just got the email from Ishibashi, they seem like very nice people to deal with. From what you make of how good Caparisons are, I find that being $1800 Canadian for a guitar new with customs in is rather good considering a guitar of that quality would be $2500+

Even though I'm not buying one anytime soon, I still got a few questions: a) Does the guitar come with a hardshell case, b) How's the neck, like the shape [I'm coming from a Wizard II here], c) How are the pickups like since they use their own presuming they're better than Ibanez's INFs and Vs

Yes they come with a hardshell case, the necks are perfect IMO. They aren't thin by any means, they're more like a Jackson neck, only more comfortable. And yes they use their own pickups. I really like the PH-R in the bridge, it's one of my favorite pickups.

Back