Celestion G12C opinions?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jay Strange
  • Start date Start date
J
Jay Strange
Anybody have experience with the Celestion G12C speakers
that only come in the Hendrix Signature cabs?
Bright or dark?
Tight or loose?

Thanks!!

They also came in the vintage modern cabs. I have one, it was my first venture into lower watt speakers, and they are fantastic, not too bright, very punchy and focused. Great speaker in my opinion.

Love them. One of the best speakers I've ever heard. Have them in the 425A/B Vintage Modern cabinets that I have and everything I have played through them sounds great. I also bought a pair off a member here and put one of them in an Epiphone Valve Junior cabinet and that's what you hear on my "Practice Rig" YouTube video. The only downside from what I understand is that the only way to get these speakers is to purchase one of the Jimi Hendrix or Vintage Modern cabs. You can't just purchase them individually. If anyone has any contrary information please let me know.

Cheers,

PentatonicPunk":1ly1z9wj said:
They also came in the vintage modern cabs. I have one, it was my first venture into lower watt speakers, and they are fantastic, not too bright, very punchy and focused. Great speaker in my opinion.

Do they hold together for high gain?

Thanks!

Yea they do great with high gain. I run a Diamond Phantom and a Bray Mod II through it and they both sound huge.

PentatonicPunk":yqeonu5x said:
Yea they do great with high gain. I run a Diamond Phantom and a Bray Mod II through it and they both sound huge.

How are the mids/high's?

I have 425A cab with them. They handle the lowend really well for a Greenback. The highs are present and smooth without being thin or harsh. The mids are perfect IMO.
This is them under some higher gain levels with my GH50L

racerevlon":1vu7gaht said:
The only downside from what I understand is that the only way to get these speakers is to purchase one of the Jimi Hendrix or Vintage Modern cabs. You can't just purchase them individually. If anyone has any contrary information please let me know.

You can order them from Marshall as replacement parts, that's how I got mine (although I'm in the UK so that might have a diff). I just had to give a valid Marshall Cab Serial number (it wasn't even the serial number of a VM cab!)

I like my G12C and still have them, but now use some 80's G12-65 in my main cab instead.

Back