Cheap man's axe fx? digitech gsp1101 or eleventh rack?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
veji
veji
I am saving for the ultra... in the mean time. which do you think would be a good substitute for the axe fx?
the digitech gsp rp1000/gsp 1101 or the eleventh rack?

A number of credible users on TGP that either owned both or currently have both units have stated that the 11R amp sims are basically the equal of the Axe (or close enough to it that you don't feel you are really missing anything) once they are dialed in.

The Axe I demo'd sounded no better to me than my 11R.

Vaisatchatrucci from TGP recently demo'd both and found that the 11R compared extremely well. You can look up his YT channel where he compares the 11R to a Mesa Road King. IMHO it sounds basically the same.

11R is much more limited in regard to signal chain and FX but with the recent expansion, it is a killer unit for the money IMHO. YMMV.

ARe all of the sims and Efx in the 11 R mono? that would be an issue for me personally.

GSP1101 is great for cleans and fx (especially with the beta firmware), but the distortion models suck. I use it solely for fx anyways so I don't care. That and the pricepoint is so much lower than the other two.

Axe-Man":1r4ksway said:
A number of credible users on TGP that either owned both or currently have both units have stated that the 11R amp sims are basically the equal of the Axe (or close enough to it that you don't feel you are really missing anything) once they are dialed in.

The Axe I demo'd sounded no better to me than my 11R.

Vaisatchatrucci from TGP recently demo'd both and found that the 11R compared extremely well. You can look up his YT channel where he compares the 11R to a Mesa Road King. IMHO it sounds basically the same.

11R is much more limited in regard to signal chain and FX but with the recent expansion, it is a killer unit for the money IMHO. YMMV.
Without sounding like the resident a-hole, what's said on TGP, stays on TGP.

This is a different place altogether m'brae... Thankfully. So I don't know who this "Vaisatch" cat is, nor do I care, the opinions expressed here are RT opinions, and on that note, the way I see it, if it's the Axe you're itching for - even though you're on a budget - wait it out, save the funds, and don't cheap out. Get the real deal; it'll be there for you in another 6 months. Trying to extinguish gas flames with patch-purchases never relieves the gas.

Just my 2 cents,
V.

i owned the gsp for almost a year, as V said i'd honestly just save your money =0
not because the unit is not good, it definitely has it's perks, good interface, effects are nice,

ultimately when you get your axe fx you'll be reselling the gsp or 11r and you'll probably be losing money in the process

Back