checkout FRET DOCTOR for your fretboard

• Thread starter Thread starter 4nkam
  • Start date Start date
4nkam
4nkam
So check it..I heard some great stuff about this magic mojo juju that works wonders on wood and it's made specifically for the purpose of treating and protecting musical instrument woods :)

Here's an older pic of what it looked like before and as you can see it's not too bad:
569ed4ff.jpg

But after using the fretdoctor mojo juice it looks and feels even nicer:)
27f2ce8a.jpg

So you say to yourself, "cool...I use lemon oil, linseed oil, etc..." That's cool but some of those are supposedly not THAT great for your fine woods. This stuff is proven to work well and do its job without any side effects down the road.

Check em out:
fret doctor

mJ

why doesn't anyone tell me about the good stuff? :? always gotta find out the hard way, haha :D

mJ

you changed your neck pickup, but left the bridge Duncan Designed in? :?:

I know it sounds weird but for some reason that pickup just sounds really different and it works REALLY well. I tried a real 59 in there and it wasn't the same :)

mJ

cool i check this janks out

that did sound like a compensated endorsement advert though.. lol

stanbog":2d111 said:
you changed your neck pickup, but left the bridge Duncan Designed in? :?:

dont let the "designed" pickups turn you off. i played a Duncan Designed Distortion and put it up against a real Duncan Distortion and the difference is minimal. mostly the Designed had a little less bass and a little more high end (but that probably had to do with new strings and a Floyd vs. older, deader strings and a hardtail).

seriously...they felt the same and sounded nearly identical. i remember someone else had a Jackson with the Duncan Designed JB in it, put a real JB in, then swapped them back and sold the JB because they were nearly identical. the only Designed pickup i think isnt worth it is the Detonator (aka Invader). just way too bright and way too hot IMO. but the Distortion version (HB103 i believe) sounds VERY close to the original.

^ good to know, thanx. indeed i had the impression that DD pu's are bad by definition. obviously not. as long as it sounds good i don't care about the name (i use and like EMG HZ's - that's my proof).
:thumbsup:

stanbog":fe89f said:
^ good to know, thanx. indeed i had the impression that DD pu's are bad by definition. obviously not. as long as it sounds good i don't care about the name (i use and like EMG HZ's - that's my proof).
:thumbsup:

nothing wrong with HZ's either...i honestly think most people who say such and such a pickup sounds like ass either A) just doesnt like the tone of the pickup, which is understandable or B) gets too hung up on the fact its not a "real" duncan or a "real" EMG.

hell...one of my favorite tones is a boosted HZ (Alexi Laiho). so i know they can sound good :)

I will be picking up some of that Fret Doctor stuff soon, im very impressed!!!

Zach":f99e1 said:
Why does it say "prolonging fretboard life"

Anything to make you continue using their product. TONS of people mislabel products to attract more buyers. Lemon/Mineral Oil and Bore Oil are much better. FastFret can't get into the fretboard at all. It just leaves a greasy finish on it.

Code001":1ef95 said:
Anything to make you continue using their product. TONS of people mislabel products to attract more buyers. Lemon/Mineral Oil and Bore Oil are much better. FastFret can't get into the fretboard at all. It just leaves a greasy finish on it.

I used fastfret for years and once i eventually got round to using a lemon oil spray, i never looked back. Fastfret is ok, but it really doesnt do anywhere near as much as lemon/mineral oil.

Back