Connect Torpedo Captor 8 outputs to Return input of FX loop.

LeonG

Hi. Can I connect Balanced line output or Balanced active DI output (any of them) to Return input FX loop of another amplifier?
I have Tone King Imperial head, Laney L5 Lionheart head and a cab. I’d like to connect the Tone King to Torpedo Captor and use the Torpedo as a loadbox, then Torpedo’s output (line or DI) connect to FX loop Return of the Laney L5 which is permanently connected to the cab. The amps and the speaker have the same 8 ohm impedance. Can I do that? Can I expect the “normal” sound of the Tone King using this connection? Thanks in advance.

Hi @LeonG

Thanks for getting in touch - Ross from Two notes here! This is possible, however you will need to keep the output of the Captor quite low. With this being said, i would not advise this as you will essentially be stacking poweramps which will adjust the tone of your Tone King amplifier. Am I right in assuming the Laney Combo is the L5T? If so, it looks like you can disconnect the speaker from this - my suggestion would therefore be to bypass the Laney amplifier all-together and simply connect the Speaker Output of the Captor to the speaker jack connected to the Laney amplifier. Let me know if this helps!

Hi @LeonG

Thanks for getting in touch - Ross from Two notes here!
Thanks for your reply, Ross! I use a Laney L5 Studio head, which produces excellent recording, a Celestion vintage 30 cabinet, and a Tone King Imperial head. In the case of the Tone King, I had difficulty recording because it doesn't have a line out. My idea was to allow Tone King to take advantage of Laney's enormous capabilities. But I don't understand how to solve this problem in a home studio. I don't want to use a microphone and I can't because my studio is a regular room. This could be a great opportunity to use Blackface, Tweed and British tones, but... So I'm trying to find a solution using Two Notes products. Perhaps you have thoughts about the capabilities of Two Notes? Do you think I have a chance?

Hi @LeonG

Thanks for getting back to me. Well, it sounds like you need a Captor or a Captor X - these both feature a line out and mean you can simply connect your Tone King Amp to a Captor and then send a line out to your interface or mixer. Does this answer your question?

Hi Ross. Now I realized that Two notes products are not suitable for me at the moment in this situation. I record music straight into the computer using the Laney L5 Studio only because it has everything I need for that and especially an aux in input which I use for backing tracks. I don’t use studio monitors and don’t have a mixer. And also your previous post reminded me of an important thing - Tone King uses as well power tubes to shape its beautiful sound. I had to think about it before. Thank you.

Hi @LeonG

Thanks for getting back to me. Understood - however I am sure a Captor X would actually let you record your Tone King amp direct to your interface. If you need any advice relating to this, please let me know!

Back