Connecting Amplifier line out to mixer ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ang3lus
  • Start date Start date
A
Ang3lus
Hey all,

I've recently got a behringer Xenyx 2222 as a present and was wanting to setup a W/D setup using:

Amp with a line out
Beheringer Xenyx 2222 mixer
TC electronics G major 2
a powered speaker

what i'm confused about is how the setup is done, I don't really understand much about mixers, there's a line in and also an insert ?, so where do i connect the amp to ? and what output do i use to go into the g major 2 ? and where do the g major 2 output to ?

and speaker connects to what output in the mixer ?

would gladly love some help

Not sure if this is similar to your experience, but A: Always leave your amp hooked up to speakers so there is a load. B: I ran the line out of my EVH 5150 50w into a small mixer to boost the signal to run into the front of another amp. I had mixed results, but found the mixer was necessary to boost the level high enough. I ran a 1/4in jack into an input and adjusted level as necessary.

Tried to post earlier, it didn't take, which is fine because I had misread your post haha.

My experience with amp line-outs into mixers is that I had to play around. I had to add way more gain than I expected before sending to a power amp, but as long as you're not doing anything dangerous, if it sounds good, it is good?

Back