Cool Instructional videos that teach?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
veji
veji
Can anybody recommend good instructional videos that really improved your playing?

Here is a few that I consider great helpers and must haves. Good Luck Bro

John Petrucci Rock Disipline
Paul Gilbert Intense Rock I and II
Troy Stetina...any of his are good
Guthrie Govan Creative Guitar I and II... more fusiony but great theory and instruction
Frank Gambale Chopbuilder
Lick Library has some great sh#t
Marty Friedman Melodic Control
....those are a few that should get you started. Great stuff too by Danny Gatton, Brett Garsed, Danny Gill, Brett Mason...the list is endless :rock:

Cory

The Art Of Blues Rhythm
The Art Of Blues Solos

Both by Robben Ford. Amazing stuff.

As with any teaching DVD's, it is highly recommended that you only watch a chapter a day.

i.e. The first chapter in The Art Of Blues Rhythm he talks about C, G, and F triads on strings D, G, and B. Watch what he does with it, and take it away. There is practically a whole day of noodling and discovering stuff just in the first 5 minutes.

Good advice to just watch one chapter than play with it for a day or so. I remember I had Petrucci's Rock Discipline and I watched it all in one day and thought it was crap. years later I went and watched it and took is slow and got way more out of it. Petrucci's vid is more geared to playing technique, excercises and just becoming faster, and not alot of theory. Other vid's I've used and would recommend are Paul Gilberts, I think he is a good teacher and actually explains what he's doing, rather than just shredding. I had a couple Frank Gambale vid's, his vid on Modes I thought was pretty good, help explain all the different modes in an easy way. Most of the vid's, you should already have the basic knowledge of major/minor scales and the notes on the fretboard to get the most out of them. i've heard some of the Rock House Method dvd's are good, but haven't got any myself.

+1 for Petrucci's Rock Discipline

I might be heavily biased on this one since I just love his playing, but I think Tremonti's The Sound and the Story is also a really nice one. :D

Maybe check the podcast of Guthrie at Lick Library.It really show some of his cool signature stuff that can be applied to everyones playing.

Both of Vinnie Moores tapes are easy to grasp, and Bruce bulliet has a great one out too...nice mode explanations..

I do instructional videos in Rock, Country and Blues/Rock. You can check my site out at http://www.rutbustinguitar.com Let me know if you have any questions and hopefully there's something there that can help you out!

Here's a clip of some country tele spankin!

Habuman":27lruvmn said:
El Toneman":27lruvmn said:
I do instructional videos in Rock, Country and Blues/Rock. You can check my site out at http://www.rutbustinguitar.com Let me know if you have any questions and hopefully there's something there that can help you out!

Here's a clip of some country tele spankin!

OK, OK, :) where's the beginner's chickin pickin lessons?

This is a preview of "Country Vol. 1" it has a breakdown of all licks, full tab, backing track and an intro lesson to "Hybrid Picking" to get your fingers moving to play this style.

Back