Cornford MK50 H

John4021

Did a deal with Chris (itsgoodnow) for this amp.
Man, for 50 watts this is one loud beast but has TWO Masters and can be tamed down to "my ears are not bleeding" levels.

I remember years ago these amps were all the flavor for quite awhile.
Now I know why. Probably a good reason why you don't see em on the used market.

Not a super high gain Diezel monster but what it can do it ,it does in spades. Goes beyond the AC/DC Southern rock gain.
Liquid and fast (if that makes sense).

The EQ's can take it anywhere you want. Someone had said they heard these are Soldano SLO top end'y.
NOPE.

First amp I really like with the Middle cranked up, but it sounds good anywhere its set.
I turned down the Drive/Gain and cranked the Masters.
Yikes. it shook the walls and was very articulate.
Drive and Gain above 3 oclock is where it get brutal.

Once again it isn't a over the top gain'ed out amp.
But I think these were designed to do what they do and retain note clarity.

That's all folks !

Great amps !!! Congrats.
Handwired turret board, beefy iron, responsive controls, EL34/6L6...top class. Not for everybody because the are quite unforgiving and not so “familiar” sounding. I had MKII (clean channel, 2 loops) and played it trash/death/groove metal band with no issues.

The two masters are independent of each other; tied to the footswitch so you can instantly boost or cut your volume to whatever the other master is set to. I have a rebranded MK50H II (built in the same factory and same circuitry), and the dual master volumes are perfect for playing live for a solo boost without any additional tone or gain bump, or set the 2nd volume to zero if you want a quick mute. And like you said for 50 watts it can get insanely loud.

Yes, it feels (and looks) more like 100W iron. I had JCM 2204 and Conford in the studio and Cornford was much louder and robust at JCM's max volume (which is around 4-5 on master then it works like second gain :) )
What was the story with Earcandy in the end ?

Here is MKII doing some Slayer...

Back