Damn, what a killer song by Gary Moore

• Thread starter Thread starter LP Freak
  • Start date Start date
'Les Pauls are uncomfortable and accessing the high frets is near impossible'.

GM.png

And that vibrato :worship_gray:
I remember reading an interview with one of his sons; the first thing Gary told him when he was old enough to start learning guitar was to develop a good vibrato. That was how you stood out.

I watch that monsters of rock rehearsal set on youtube at least once a month..lol Can't get enough of GM
Just watched that! Wow, he did Shapes of Things and hit all those high notes (vocals)...he's like 53 there...sounded damn close to the album version. Awesome.

Victims was my random album buy when I was 15...didn't know who he was but I bought the album anyway.
Thank God I did. Long Live Gary Moore.

I heard End of the World on a University radio station in Perth (Australia) on their Saturday night metal show at the tender age of 13 and it blew my little mind. I actually heard this before Eruption so he popped my cherry for jaw dropping guitar work. I still remember having the cassette tape ready to go to record anything with promise. So much stuff I thought was real heavy was just really hard rock and is almost pop to me now…lol

Gary is so underrated in the US. I always say he’s the Irish Van Halen. Just ridiculous technique and fire in his playing. I even dig those Colloseum II records.

This performance will give you chills. Both guys are gone, the tune is amazing. Listen to that long held note. Incredible. RIP Gary and Phil.

Whenever I hear this I also hear Hold On by Yngwie. The interlude before the Solo part.

My favorite player. I could go on and on with my favorite songs and performances. If any one wants to dive down the bootleg rabbit hole on YouTube for starters I’d recommend Frankfurt and Hammersmith 1984 , Boston 1987 , Stockholm 1987 . Stockholm has unofficially been in circulation for a long time , fantastic quality

So funny that this song as killer as it is has seemed to define Gary -by those who are not familiar with his catalog and amazing material. I started listening to him on the Corridor of power album in 1984 . wishing well is such a killer solo and vocal line!

He has several killer blues based albums that I currently listen to! :m17:

My favorite player. I could go on and on with my favorite songs and performances. If any one wants to dive down the bootleg rabbit hole on YouTube for starters I’d recommend Frankfurt and Hammersmith 1984 , Boston 1987 , Stockholm 1987 . Stockholm has unofficially been in circulation for a long time , fantastic quality
I don’t know if it was released in the States but in Australia the Stockholm 87 concert was an official release on video for the Wild Frontier tour, hence the good quality.

Destine for greatness.. He was around 26 in this vid. Massive on stage feedback control with a real Tape Delay on this solo. Great.

I dug this song already but didn't know there was a live performance of it with Gary. Thanks for sharing! That tone, that solo, The vocal. Then Gorham. Then both. You can't really ask for better rock music right there son. The whole performance. Really beautiful!!! YES!!!!

Back