Delete: wrong forum

• Thread starter Thread starter BrentSP
  • Start date Start date
BrentSP
BrentSP
A buyer purchased my Bogner Barcelona head after countering his offer but he made it clear he can't pay until July 3rd and I'm ok with that, not what I wanted but I'm not desperate either so I agreed. Just told him if he gets a chance to pay for it sooner that would be appreciated otherwise I'll we'll wait til the 3rd.

Have I fell into any shady scam that I'm not aware of? The guy is from MA and has a foreign name but I know that doesn't mean anything and would certainly not want to stereotype him or judge him in any way based on that but......with that said and out of the way.....I'll blow a gasket and hunt the guy down to his death if I get scammed....not happening. I have not patience for that.....zero.

So any of you have any dealings with this guy? He hasn't done anything wrong whatesoever but these recent Reverb nightmares have made my blood boil and don't want to be a victim. It's probably all fine and dandy but maybe I'm missing something?

Sandip Desai is his name. Not sure how to look up his store to check his ratings.

Don't ship until he pays. I don't do PayPal, I use postal MO and snail mail. I've never been buned (well, I received a Kramer Nightswan with a broken headstock once but I got it fixed). If I'm buying I pay first with the MO and wait for the seller to ship it. In the event it doesn't ship or gets "lost" I can cancel the MO and have the post office open an investigation, people seem to not like a branch of the federal gov't investigating them for mail fraud.

paulyc":2mys7mnq said:
Don't ship until he pays. I don't do PayPal, I use postal MO and snail mail. I've never been buned (well, I received a Kramer Nightswan with a broken headstock once but I got it fixed). If I'm buying I pay first with the MO and wait for the seller to ship it. In the event it doesn't ship or gets "lost" I can cancel the MO and have the post office open an investigation, people seem to not like a branch of the federal gov't investigating them for mail fraud.

Well this is a reverb auction so they don't accept MO because Reverb holds all payments until the item is shipped and sometimes even delivered before Reverb releases the payment to you.

Oh, sorry. Try contacting the guy outside Reverb maybe ? I've done that with eBay...

Back