Deliverance - Saturation?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sacha
  • Start date Start date
S
Sacha
Can it get pretty juicy / compressed or does it need a boost to get there?

I was screwing around with a D120 a couple weeks ago and recorded these clips thru some H30's.....I was trying to dial it in like the old Maiden type tones.

Wrathchild

Running Free

Greazygeo":36wu9vqj said:
I was screwing around with a D120 a couple weeks ago and recorded these clips thru some H30's.....I was trying to dial it in like the old Maiden type tones.

Wrathchild

Running Free

Nice clips! :rock: Love the sound of the mids on all the clips I've heard, that's what attracts me to them. Of course, I play a more 'extreme' style then this hence the questions about saturation. Right now I use a VH4 that's a pretty dry amp in ways, yet still has a lot of compression and sustain available. I'm interested in the Sig X. Thanks for the replies so far!

guessing the SigX is gonna be shit fucking hot?

i'm basing this guess from playing the Elmwood M90. just seems to be something really cool going on by winding that pair of KT88's up. kindda like messing around with an amp with adjustable bias and getting the 34's running really hot, only the 88's seem to get to a really sweet spot without falling apart?

if the SigX feels/sounds like the M90 it's gonna be cool, because the M90 is sure enough pretty friggin cool!

Greazygeo":10qd2w6h said:

Wrathchild

Running Free

nice clips George :rock:

you learn by ear or tabs? parts of your Wrathchild sound better than how i learned by tabs, of coarse i don't play as good you, but still?

Capulin Overdrive":3q9aj3oj said:

I'd say it's going to get hotter than 98.6 F.

Bob Savage":1c47se43 said:
Capulin Overdrive":1c47se43 said:

you gotta work with me here Bob, pretend you ate a handfull a habenero's :codeak:

Capulin Overdrive":5vp1lrzy said:
Bob Savage":5vp1lrzy said:
Capulin Overdrive":5vp1lrzy said:

you gotta work with me here Bob, pretend you ate a handfull a habenero's :codeak:

I'd say it's going to get hotter than 104.7 F. :poke:

ENDITOL":vjbkpy7j said:
Greazygeo":vjbkpy7j said:

Wrathchild

Running Free

Nice clips! :rock: Love the sound of the mids on all the clips I've heard, that's what attracts me to them. Of course, I play a more 'extreme' style then this hence the questions about saturation. Right now I use a VH4 that's a pretty dry amp in ways, yet still has a lot of compression and sustain available. I'm interested in the Sig X. Thanks for the replies so far!
Yeah I don't go for more saturated stuff very often. This was a pretty low volume clip with the bass backed off pretty far....when its wound up, it gets more saggy. I don't dig that really.

Capulin Overdrive":10ny1yol said:
Greazygeo":10ny1yol said:

Wrathchild

Running Free

nice clips George :rock:

you learn by ear or tabs? parts of your Wrathchild sound better than how i learned by tabs, of coarse i don't play as good you, but still?
Thanks! I rarely learn anything by tab, its hard for me to read tab. I grew up learning things by ear and standard notation, thats all there was to go by. These probably are not right (and clam-ful), just got the gist of it and hit record.

There is a good program called Slowgold I use.... :)

Deliverance is one of my favorite amps, but it's not going to get much use next to your VH4 for the style you are working with IMO.
If you need more dry sound it can get very brutal, but not really preamp saturated in my experience.

Greazygeo":213uv888 said:

Wrathchild

Running Free
Wow George, those sound AWESOME! I might steal them from you and sing over them some time, that cool with you?

one i tried got pretty compressed/heavy-sounding. probably/possibly not enough for the uber-br00talz crew, as chris said, but it had enough for me.

CaseyCor":3khsqagx said:
Greazygeo":3khsqagx said:

Wrathchild

Running Free
Wow George, those sound AWESOME! I might steal them from you and sing over them some time, that cool with you?
Sure go ahead if you want to. I got the backing track over at guitars101.com.

Capulin Overdrive":1axcjha4 said:
I recently was checking out Mr. Scary tabs and it was not the way George plays it on his videos. It's easier for me to watch the vids because you can see and hear at the same time. The tab for Mr Scary just does not sound correct...and anyone can post a tab.

great clips ....as always George. :thumbsup:

simbasa":122x5jz9 said:
Capulin Overdrive":122x5jz9 said:
I recently was checking out Mr. Scary tabs and it was not the way George plays it on his videos. It's easier for me to watch the vids because you can see and hear at the same time. The tab for Mr Scary just does not sound correct...and anyone can post a tab.

Thanks! I get really aggravated with tab. It always takes me longer to learn it that way as opposed to just putting on the disc and working things out. Slowgold is where its at! I love that program :yes:

Greazygeo":2tayzpj0 said:
simbasa":2tayzpj0 said:
Capulin Overdrive":2tayzpj0 said:

Thanks! I get really aggravated with tab. It always takes me longer to learn it that way as opposed to just putting on the disc and working things out. Slowgold is where its at! I love that program :yes:
Yeah , i do too. I spent awhile getting into the tab and when I went to the video it was instant. Tabs just don't accurately describe time compared to traditional written music. I'm gonna check out the slowgold though. :thumbsup:

You dudes ever used Guitar Pro? I can learn a full song in less than 20 minutes with GP.

Back