Diezel cabs on Sweetwater now. Poor credit card.

spguitar

I was about to drop the change on a Friedman cab until I saw that they carry Diezel now.
I have a Mesa Traditional with v30s but I want a brand new cab to pair with my VH4. Just need some suggestions on FL K100s or FL V30s.

I've had several Diezel cabs.

The G12K100 FL 412 is a beast of a cab. Absolute hands down beast. Very neutral in its delivery - crushing, heavy, powerful as all hell - but neutral in its tone. The V30 version comes with all the nuances of the V30 speaker. If I had my choice - and they were the same price - I'd go G12K100 over V30, but that's because everything is V30 out there and having something slightly different is kinda cool.

But a lot will depend on what amp you're jamming through it.

Ventura":1vwhlz5p said:
I've had several Diezel cabs.

The G12K100 FL 412 is a beast of a cab. Absolute hands down beast. Very neutral in its delivery - crushing, heavy, powerful as all hell - but neutral in its tone. The V30 version comes with all the nuances of the V30 speaker. If I had my choice - and they were the same price - I'd go G12K100 over V30, but that's because everything is V30 out there and having something slightly different is kinda cool.

But a lot will depend on what amp you're jamming through it.

vh4 and herbert? :)

FLV30s. I'm not a fan of K100s. I've tried them in several cabs and they are too neutral sounding ... just very meh and bland.

I have gigged a full stack of Diezel's, with the top K100's and the bottom V30's.
The pair is seriously excellent!!
I think the K100's just basically deliver what you feed them. Meaning you won't get break up, mid-hump, etc that many players are used to with other speakers.
I actually really liked the K100's, even with a power amp and modeler.

I suppose if you are looking for something specific, then get that, however if you want a cab the can handle ANYTHING you throw at it, the Diezel FL 4X12 with K100 will abide.

Of Course, YMMV

I love them both for different reasons but FL is for sure the way to go.
Running a 412 of each is purely orgasmic.
V30s are very familiar. K100 bring some sledge hammer lows and as said above are more neutral which some like. I think they sound great with diezels

A Mesa Traditional is a damb nice cab.
I've had mine for ever and love it. .

For a different flavour the FL V30 is my recommendation.
I got one a Few months back.

With the FL.
The response is faster.
At first I thought there was less bass response vs the mesa , because you can crank the deep with the FL and it still sounds good. The mesa gets overbearing, especially with a Herbert.
After being in different rooms I realize that all the bass is still there, it's huge! , just that the notes are cleaner with less overtones.

I don't think it's "better" than the mesa, just another flavour equally killer.

rickenbacker198":l163ehlw said:

With the FL.
The response is faster.
At first I thought there was less bass response vs the mesa , because you can crank the deep with the FL and it still sounds good. The mesa gets overbearing, especially with a Herbert.
After being in different rooms I realize that all the bass is still there, it's huge! , just that the notes are cleaner with less overtones.

I definitely get the faster response vs the Mesa cab. I went with the V30s because of the color comments. I like how they change the sound. I may get another later with the K100s to pair with it.
7Mt29Sah.jpg

rickenbacker198":l1jq3tsb said:

With the FL.
The response is faster.

I agree with all of the above. Mesa builds a quality cab... but the Diezel does responds faster/tighter.

spguitar":j9m2av2h said:
rickenbacker198":j9m2av2h said:

With the FL.
The response is faster.

I definitely get the faster response vs the Mesa cab. I went with the V30s because of the color comments. I like how they change the sound. I may get another later with the K100s to pair with it.
7Mt29Sah.jpg

Wise choice. It sounds great with both the Herbie and VH4. :2thumbsup:

Back