Diezel cabs

• Thread starter Thread starter supahd
  • Start date Start date
S
supahd
Does anyone know if the NYC cab has the same dimensions as the 412r/f cabs.

I'm looking at the live in ATA cases on affordable cases and they spec out a 412r but I don't see the nyc.

Also as far as ATA cases go, what is a good thickness to use for cab/head cases, they have 1\4 surface hardware, 1/4 recessed and 1/2 inch recessed.

Thanks for the replies.

don't know about the dimensions, but 1/4 or 1/2" - I would guess for a single cab or single head with no rack, you could get by 1/4" as there's no open space anywhere. cab->foam->wood....it should be a problem. it also depends on whether they use the more dense foam or the really squishy stuff that has alot of give to it. the squishy stuff is gonna allow more "give" btween the wood and cab.

if you're gonna go with multiple things in one case, definitely 1/2". I have 2 heads and a rack with 1/2" and its nice. I had an older one that was 3/8" and it was more flimsy feeling, not bad really, just not as stable feeling as the 1/2".

thicker is always better when it comes to ultimate protection, but if you just wanna keep your stuff from getting banged up the 1/4" would do in most cases. the crap part is that cases are expensive but difference in thickness isn't usually a huge amount of $, so its hard to justify that extra cash sometimes.

Back