Digi Jams metal guitar of the day...RR Alpine White LP Custom.

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
Digital Jams
Digital Jams
Two weeks old and includes LP Forum pass for entry FooFoo CS cert........$2399.

gib06cs-lpcustom-alpine.jpg

That's a nice one. In a few weeks once my Charvel sale is finalized, I'm taking a little daytrip to NYC to spend stupid money on the first guitar that blows me away. At this point, I'm planning on grabbing another LP.

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
TWPietz37":1d482 said:
That's a nice one. In a few weeks once my Charvel sale is finalized, I'm taking a little daytrip to NYC to spend stupid money on the first guitar that blows me away. At this point, I'm planning on grabbing another LP.

Tyler

Hey Tyler, I am not sure that NYC is the place to go. There are no bargains imo there due to the high taxes and rent....overall overhead sucks there. Not saying you should not go, 48th street is legendary and should be seen at least once.

There is a place in New Haven.....One Flight Up that has several vintage LPs. They are not cheap but the store has some killer guitars and the owner is a Charvel freak with some awesome stock.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":726da said:
>|<>QBB<

Hey Tyler, I am not sure that NYC is the place to go. There are no bargains imo there due to the high taxes and rent....overall overhead sucks there. Not saying you should not go, 48th street is legendary and should be seen at least once.

There is a place in New Haven.....One Flight Up that has several vintage LPs. They are not cheap but the store has some killer guitars and the owner is a Charvel freak with some awesome stock.

I've actually hit all the spots there a bunch of times. I'm not new to the NYC price-gouging scene :D. I know a salesguy at guitar center who has hooked me up bigtime and a guy at sam ash who gives me everything as low as the computer will let him (if he's still there, I haven't been in touch with him for awhile). I almost always find something cool at 30th st. guitars or that place on 24th (Chelsea?) so I figure I may as well give it a shot. I'm also going to hit Umanov and a few other places just for the fuck of it. The main reason I'm going is to hit up Ultrasound with a few buddies who have never been before.

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":8d21f said:
Two weeks old and includes LP Forum pass for entry FooFoo CS cert........$2399.

gib06cs-lpcustom-alpine.jpg

My favorite Les Paul, I'd love to have one of those......

>|<>QBB<
TWPietz37":07650 said:
>|<>QBB<

I've actually hit all the spots there a bunch of times. I'm not new to the NYC price-gouging scene :D. I know a salesguy at guitar center who has hooked me up bigtime and a guy at sam ash who gives me everything as low as the computer will let him (if he's still there, I haven't been in touch with him for awhile). I almost always find something cool at 30th st. guitars or that place on 24th (Chelsea?) so I figure I may as well give it a shot. I'm also going to hit Umanov and a few other places just for the fuck of it. The main reason I'm going is to hit up Ultrasound with a few buddies who have never been before.

Tyler

Sorry, thought it would have been your first!

The 24th street place....is that the small hole in the wall with lots of vintage stuff? I have been to one that had some really nice pieces in there.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":801d0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Sorry, thought it would have been your first!

The 24th street place....is that the small hole in the wall with lots of vintage stuff? I have been to one that had some really nice pieces in there.

Yeah, that's the one. I really like 30th street guitars though. Their pricing is usually pretty reasonable too.

The guitar I really want (and will never get) is the Les Paul Custom that they rent out at Ultrasound. That guitar drips mojo like a hooker drips spank. Every single time I go there I try to get them to sell it to no avail :D.

Tyler

>|<>QBB<
TWPietz37":e6561 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, that's the one. I really like 30th street guitars though. Their pricing is usually pretty reasonable too.

The guitar I really want (and will never get) is the Les Paul Custom that they rent out at Ultrasound. That guitar drips mojo like a hooker drips spank. Every single time I go there I try to get them to sell it to no avail :D.

Tyler

My old instructor had an old LP Custom Black Beauty that had years of use on her and he would not sell either, played like glass.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":1e19b said:
>|<>QBB<

My old instructor had an old LP Custom Black Beauty that had years of use on her and he would not sell either, played like glass.

Yeah, a lot of them sound like shit but when they sound good, they sound real good.

Tyler

Back