Do you feel...

Met Frampton once, in Louisville I believe, when he was walking onstage and his tech was handing him his LP to start the show. Learned seconds later that my seat was in his techs guitar pit. That was a cool show.

The story about him losing and regaining his Les Paul Custom guitar from the plan crash is one of my favorite feelgood guitar stories ever.

Loses guitar in plane crash, only to find out later that someone swiped it from the crash scene. A huge fan discovers where it is and helps him get it back and then Frampton gives the fan a signature model of that guitar.

The only thing I don't like about Frampton is the way he left Humble Pie after Steve Marriott picked him out of relative obscurity from a minor band called The Herd. I know it's a business, but Steve trusted him. I'd like to have heard some of those early Frampton tunes in Humble Pie. I think if Peter had stayed in Humble Pie, they would have been a much bigger band in the '70s. Clem Clemson is not on the same level as Frampton

More Frampton songs like this in Humble Pie for example:

Last edited:
If you grew up in the mid to late 70’s that and a few other of his songs are burned into your brain. Amazing classic
Too bad he got complete writers block after it.

If you grew up in the mid to late 70’s that and a few other of his songs are burned into your brain. Amazing classic
Too bad he got complete writers block after it.
The enormous pressure to create the follow up album got the best of him. Too bad because his playing is magical when he is on. Happy for him that the Phoenix returned. I was hoping it would inspire him to finally create the follow up that we've all been waiting for.

Reactions: rsm
Met Frampton once, in Louisville I believe, when he was walking onstage and his tech was handing him his LP to start the show. Learned seconds later that my seat was in his techs guitar pit. That was a cool show.
(Reminds self to buy FEK a beer...and bow to him.)

I was listening to Frampton's Camel while other were still on a J Geils high.
Came home from the Marines and all of a sudden, everyone had Frampton Comes Alive on pumping on 8 track tapes in their cars.

:shocked:

I was listening to Frampton's Camel while other were still on a J Geils high.
Came home from the Marines and all of a sudden, everyone had Frampton Comes Alive on pumping on 8 track tapes in their cars.

:shocked:
yes, it was everywhere. I never bought it because all my friends had it, so I could easily borrow it - and did. In the mid-late '70s, every girl I knew had Frampton Comes Alive, and (FleetwoodMac Rumors), and my guy friends - we all had Kiss Alive! too .

Boston's first album, Styx The Grand Illusion, AC/DC Highway to Hell, were also big around me back then

I remember driving around with my mom listening to it on 8 track as a little kid. That’s my introduction to music. Mom had a pretty sweet record collection…Elton John, Steve miller, Fleetwood Mac….some disco..lol…then my step dad introduced me to Hendrix, the all man’s, sabbath and playing guitar….

What a great album, he was on top of the world for a time when that was playing everywhere. You could hum almost all the guitar parts.

Would love to see a Frampton and Billy Squier da a co-headlining tour. Two of my favorite guitar tones ever. No modeling allowed, lol.

Back