Does the Mesa Boogie recto preamp sound like real thing?

keano

I want the recto sound but odnt want to buy another head. If I hok this up to my 800 with 6550 will I get the same tone? Can this be played out like also?
thx

:|::QBB:
keano":5af02 said:
I want the recto sound but odnt want to buy another head. If I hok this up to my 800 with 6550 will I get the same tone? Can this be played out like also?
thx

I used a Recto Pre in my rack for 2 years...it sounded wicked. At first I used it with a Marshall 9200 poweramp, sounded great, however I eventually changed to a Recto 2:100 poweramp and it did sound better than the 9200. I had no issues and I used it live all the time. I have recently gone to a CAE 3+SE. The Recto is a great sounding preamp and excels as a tone source for a live rig.
Here's a clip of the Recto Pre with a 2:100 and Mesa 4x12's:
www.thesamhillband.com/satall.mp3 Hope this helps.

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

it's 7 o clock and i want to rock

niiiice

i've heard great things about the recto pre but never had a chance to try it :(

I have a Recto pre and I love it. I agree with samhill. It sounds super sick with the 2:100 power amp and a Mesa 4x12. That's my current setup.

It probably will not sound as Recto signature without a boogie power amp which will complete the "modern" circuit and sound.

The pre has a "modern" setting, which sounds good direct, but you won't have maximum jiz without the power amp lifting the negative feedback voltage or whatever the modern mode does...

Back