Dokken Gold: 1982 Paris is Burning live....

• Thread starter Thread starter * velcro-fly *
  • Start date Start date
* velcro-fly *
* velcro-fly *
Say what you will about Don Dokken & Lynch currently, but this was a badass unit back in the day. I also forgot that Don Dokken was not lacking in the chops department - check his fill solo at 2:07..... Juan Croucier pre- Ratt on bass. This was one of my favorite tunes off that first album. I do like the shortened bars pre chorus on album release though:

Further gold was that Lynch brought this tune to Dokken and it got worked over....check Xciter playing it 1979 pre - Dokken, Mick Brown on drums there too....Lynch was a bad mofo in the grand scheme of things especially back then...is that a Charvel Star ????

Juan Croucier has a total of about 5 different stage moves. The worst is this stupid little dance

54a7f98305af7c1955571d8a0aff57724c7de94f.gifv

Juan Croucier has a total of about 5 different stage moves. The worst is this stupid little dance

54a7f98305af7c1955571d8a0aff57724c7de94f.gifv
Lol he's the worst
... BUT he can actually slap dat bass pretty good when you consider he girates like that while finger playing. He's a consistent cheeseball

Say what you will about Don Dokken & Lynch currently, but this was a badass unit back in the day. I also forgot that Don Dokken was not lacking in the chops department - check his fill solo at 2:07..... Juan Croucier pre- Ratt on bass. This was one of my favorite tunes off that first album. I do like the shortened bars pre chorus on album release though:

Further gold was that Lynch brought this tune to Dokken and it got worked over....check Xciter playing it 1979 pre - Dokken, Mick Brown on drums there too....Lynch was a bad mofo in the grand scheme of things especially back then...is that a Charvel Star ????

Is that 79'? Lu ch ripping it up pretty good and is sort of the forgotten guy during those years due to EVH i guess

Is that 79'? Lu ch ripping it up pretty good and is sort of the forgotten guy during those years due to EVH i guess
Starwood 12/29/79 so we can call it 1980 I guess :cool: Lynch was right in the mix but yeah EVH overshadowed everybody...this is a hilarious interview with some info gold if its all to be believed...

Starwood 12/29/79 so we can call it 1980 I guess :cool: Lynch was right in the mix but yeah EVH overshadowed everybody...this is a hilarious interview with some info gold if its all to be believed...

This interview belongs in the alcohol-fueled coke binge thread.

Mick just does not shut up.

Ive seen the concert the first vid is from, never seen the second. Pretty cool.

:ROFLMAO:
Fate Yanagi would be all over dat Braddah :rock:
Out on the streets, that's where we'll meet
You make the night, I always cross the line
Tightened our belts, abused ourselves
Get in our way, we'll put you on your shelf.

....what?

my fave metal nonsense lyric though has to go to Saxon:

She used to be an iron horse
Twenty years ago
Used to bring the mail to me
Through the ice and snow

:ROFLMAO:

Back