Double Hernia op tomorrow 9/13/24

70 Mach 1
70 Mach 1
wish me luck on Friday the 13th
have no idea what i'm in for as far as the pain factor

also have no idea how long i had them.
lost a bunch of weight and never saw down there.
laying down then went back inside

no pain or symptoms other than 2 egg sized lumps when standing

Doc said it can wait until i have discomfort
but id rather get it done and not have it over my head or have it pop when in 500 miles from home and out of network

Last edited:

but id rather get it done and not have it over my head or have it pop when in 500 miles from home and out of network
Good luck, just make sure they don't get confused and lop off the wrong lumps.

your going to be fine. Little soreness and a few small incisions. I have had multiple hernia repairs from an esophagus repair. Mine was an incisional hernia btw. Last two surgeries mine strangulated I think? Thay had to stick the tube down my nose to relieve pressure or something. Fucking miserable right there. And that tube fucking hurt bro. If you do not have to have that your golden bwah....

Good luck, just make sure they don't get confused and lop off the wrong lumps.
Thats what im worried about.
Going through primary prep bloods and shit i told all the nurses i was going for a sex change.
Just to break the ice. Something Rodney would say.

A few smiled and a few didn't even blink and anothers jaw hit the floor

Thats what im worried about.
Going through primary prep bloods and shit i told all the nurses i was going for a sex change.
Just to break the ice. Something Rodney would say.

A few smiled and a few didn't even blink and anothers jaw hit the floor
Don't believe any of these "mild discomfort" comments. That's what a scumbag doctor says to put you at ease before he busts out the scalpel. The spinal tap resulted in less pain for me, the gas was brutal. After watching a spinal tap performed on someone else I would still take the gas but that's me. Don't cough,and definitely don't sneeze for about 3 days. Praying for a successful surgery for you Mach 1

Good luck!!! I myself am still recovering from a total ankle replacement in July. The only advice I can give (and as a former nurse) DO all the physical therapy. It makes all the difference.
IMG_4260.jpeg

Don't believe any of these "mild discomfort" comments. That's what a scumbag doctor says to put you at ease before he busts out the scalpel. The spinal tap resulted in less pain for me, the gas was brutal. After watching a spinal tap performed on someone else I would still take the gas but that's me. Don't cough,and definitely don't sneeze for about 3 days. Praying for a successful surgery for you Mach 1
Not true. Multiple hernia surgeries…wasn’t shit. Had a horrible spinal tap experience in the icu in my bed. It was not painful per se…just weird. The pain came later from a bleed that developed and loss of fluid. Brutal fucking headache. Did have local soreness from the needle sticks. If I had it to do over I would’ve taken the happy medicine before the tap. Fuckin intern tried to do it under a neurologist’s supervision. Finally took me and did it by X-ray.

Not true. Multiple hernia surgeries…wasn’t shit. Had a horrible spinal tap experience in the icu in my bed. It was not painful per se…just weird. The pain came later from a bleed that developed and loss of fluid. Brutal fucking headache. Did have local soreness from the needle sticks. If I had it to do over I would’ve taken the happy medicine before the tap. Fuckin intern tried to do it under a neurologist’s supervision. Finally took me and did it by X-ray.
I've had two when I was 12-13, that was my experience. You mentioned esophagus so I thought you were speaking about hiatal hernias as my grandfather suffered from that condition.

Back