Dual Rectifier FX issue

• Thread starter Thread starter SandyRavage
  • Start date Start date
S
SandyRavage
Bringing her into Mesa this month but I am stumped as to what this could be.

I have a 95 rack mount dual rectifier and with the fx loop off and disengaged I have flawless operation of the entire amp. Controls are responsive, gain is fantastic, and she breathes fire the way a great rectifier should. None of the pots are scratchy there's no volume drops anywhere from whisper volumes up to about 1o clock which is about as loud as I can get her without pissing off the neighborhood.

As soon as I have something in the fx loop it the complete opposite and I'm up shit creek.

Both channel volumes swell up and down in volume, have scratching hissing sounds, break up when I'm hitting palm mutes, have a more distinguished volume loss than to be expected with mesa, and the knobs just don't have the same response when engaged.

I've tried three sets of great tubes 6L6 and EL34 pre amp and power... tested cables taken every pedal in and out to no avail.

I'm sure mesa will check her out and give her a clean bill of health again but wondering if anyone has experience with a similar situation.

I've been playing her all summer with the fx loop off and she sounds fantastic and hasn't let me down at all.

Here's a picture for good measure.

Maybe try and spray electronics cleaner into the fx loop jacks and plug in and unplug the cord a few times? worth a try.

Back