Engl E860

• Thread starter Thread starter Clypher
  • Start date Start date
Clypher
Clypher
I know this is a LONG shot, but has anyone played one? It's a rack head, 2 x 50 watts, EL84's. Necrophagist used it on Epitaph, now they have a sponsorship deal with Engl and I'm not sure if they're playing some of their newer amps.

I've heard that the Blackmore has the exact same preamp setup, just it has different tubes. I've thought about getting one of those and throwing some Yellow Jackets and EL84's in. However Muhammed from Necro said he A/B'd his E860 with a Blackmore and said his blew the BM away. Could the tubes make that big of a difference?

Nobody has played one, I've started a couple threads on HC about it. :(

Damn it. I saw one for sale ONCE. I have no clue what website it was on, some foreign one, I'm guessing german, that came through on a google search. In any case, it was selling for like $800 USD. In Germany Engls are CHEAP and Mesas are wicked expensive. Therefore I propose I should trade my Mesa for an Engl out there, and we both benefit from the situation. Genius, eh?

They come up on Ebay Germany sometimes, but you have to be registered over there, and hope that the seller speaks English, and would be willing to ship to the US. I'd love one too, but that seems like too much hassle. If I would ever see one for sale in the US, I would buy it for sure.

Back