Eric Clapton’s 1954 Stratocaster Guitar, Expected to Sell for Millions, Fails to Get a Single Bid

• Thread starter Thread starter Samhain
  • Start date Start date
I'm not surprised, of course I never saw the allure of Clapton and am not a fan of Strats so that could be a strong factor in my opinion. :)

Is a item only for collectors, and investment. Right now the world is upside down, and nobody know the future.

dosent seem like that iconic of a guitar to start at $1M? arent there like 3 or 4 other guitars of his that would be ahead of this in terms of "iconic"?

Not surprising. I have seen a trend where older artists are selling their catalogs to keep a float. I guess either poor investing or their money went up their nose.

Seriously , maybe a few hundred grand for someone huge but 1M+? Disgusting in my opinion for some electronics and wood. Total joke. I hope he gets nothing... not to mention how ugly it is. also, Clapton is overrated and nobody can convince me otherwise. Good stuff with Cream but nothing that made me stop what I was doing and go WOW!

EDIT: ok it isn't the guitar in the pic, it is the one in the vid which looks good at least.

Guys either get Clapton or they don't. The gymnastic wannabes are never impressed with him as he stays in his lane and is an elegant blues player. He opened the door for so many and has had a great career. I love his early playing with Cream most but also dig his 70s and even some 80s stuff.

Guys either get Clapton or they don't. The gymnastic wannabes are never impressed with him as he stays in his lane and is an elegant blues player. He opened the door for so many and has had a great career. I love his early playing with Cream most but also dig his 70s and even some 80s stuff.

lol at him staying in his lane.. good way to put it though. But From Cream to his own solo career it is almost like he took a step back to me.. that's the main reason why I'm not into him. But who cares, I play guitar in my basement and have never written anything worth a hot pile of steaming $hit.

Didn’t he play guitar for NWA?
Or was that ice tea? Or Ez Eeee?
Jokes aside. I’ve grown up in classic rock guitar home. Liked Clapton. But this is absurd

Bidders must have heard Eric live.

jk ...... this is my favorite EC era.

The ‘EC SHREDS’ made me crack up. What the hell?? Sounds like the band was trying to jump in and save him. Sounded like me drunk on a Saturday night. :LOL:

I love the shreds vids!!! Too funny!!! There is one for EVH that is too good.

Agreed. Post-Cream sucked big-time for me. :thumbsdown:

Maybe the reason nobody bid in the auction is simply that everyone expected his bid to fall short, given the selling-price expectations, so why bother?

Bidders must have heard Eric live.

jk ...... this is my favorite EC era.

that’s pretty damn funny, somebody spent some time and did a good job of lining the playing up. What’s sad is that I was about 30-45 seconds into it before I realized it was a spoof.

Back