Esp Eclipse

• Thread starter Thread starter robb
  • Start date Start date
robb
robb
Does any one here play/own one?
Are they an alternative to that overpriced, hit or miss Les Paul?
Do they sound better with or without the emgs?

I have a 2002 Eclipse. I think it sounds great. It's got the 24 3/4 scale length and 24 frets. Solid mahogany body. Soulds like my LP but weighs less.

It doesn`t have the girth of an LP, being more of SG-thickness. I have one, and it is a great instrument, you get more beef with an 85 in the bridge, but that`s an easy fix with the quick-connectors. I want to give the SD Blackouts a go as well :)
ESP21.JPG

Random Hero":11t0eb92 said:
Would the full-thickness models have the chunk of a LP?

I would guess they`re at least closer..? My Strat with a Rio Grande BBQ is beefier than the ESP with 81`s, but the ESP has better sustain, and is a lot tighter. But this Strat is crazy thick-sounding.

I should add that the Strat has a 250k CTS volume pot, so it`s probably a little darker sounding.

I love ESP Eclipses, but I don't really think they sound like Gibby LP's. More like an SG.

Interestingly, I think Vipers have moe of an LPish tone, but look more like SG's. :lol: :LOL:

FWIW, I am selling a Vintage Black Eclipse II Standard. Keeping the Black Cherry.....decided I don't need 2 of them.

mctallica1":21sfye1d said:
I love ESP Eclipses, but I don't really think they sound like Gibby LP's. More like an SG.

Interestingly, I think Vipers have more of an LPish tone, but look more like SG's. :lol: :LOL:

I've found this to be totally true. :rock:

Back