ESP LTD EC-1000 with Evertune

• Thread starter Thread starter BDuncan
  • Start date Start date
I played an evertune bridge. It was weird to me. If I put some vibrato on, the note stayed pretty much the same. I know the sensitivity is adjustable, but if you adjust it to where it reacts to your fingers, doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Sorry to ask a question in your post, but I think it’s pertinent to your inquiry to see if it’s for you.

I played an evertune bridge. It was weird to me. If I put some vibrato on, the note stayed pretty much the same. I know the sensitivity is adjustable, but if you adjust it to where it reacts to your fingers, doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Sorry to ask a question in your post, but I think it’s pertinent to your inquiry to see if it’s for you.
If it's setup correctly, it doesn't defeat the purpose at all. It just stays in tune, you can bend normally, etc. I have three Evertune equipped EC/Eclipses, they've become my main stage guitars.

I owned this exact guitar a few years ago. Overall a nice guitar with some caveats - it's a 24.75" guitar with 24 frets. Everything just felt cramped. The guitar did not balance very well, even when standing and wearing it with a strap. The frets needed polishing right from the get go, and I had to replace the volume pot when after a week it just literally stopped working. If I was looking for a guitar with Evertune bridge stock, I would choose something else. The LTD MH-1000 is an all-around better offering IMO. These days the selection on Evertune's website is much larger than a few years ago...

I currently have a PRS SE Holcomb with Evertune and it's awesome. Not everyone gets along with the bridge but it's worth a shot IMO. There's always going to be some compromise with the setup...you can't have the immediacy of bending like a normal bridge and also have the full stability that the Evertune is known for. But you can set it up so that bending takes a hair more effort and you get some of that stability as well. Some people also complain about the sustain but I never found it to be an issue. Like I said I think it's worth trying to see for yourself.

If it's setup correctly, it doesn't defeat the purpose at all. It just stays in tune, you can bend normally, etc. I have three Evertune equipped EC/Eclipses, they've become my main stage guitars.

This x1000!

Ever since I got my Solar I keep seeing brainchilds on the internet post a NGD, say something stupid like “You don’t even need to stretch the strings!” then a week later they’re selling the guitar because “it effects bending”

They wouldn’t be on half of ESP and Schecter’s lineup if that were the case, nor would you be seeing guys like Devin Townsend using them.

I know you’re aware, but for those who haven’t used one- your strings still stretch. When someone is claiming it’s negatively effecting bends, it’s because they’re between the two zones. You just turn the tuning peg an 1/8th turn and you’re back in the right zone.

I grew up on Gilmour and Wylde, if I couldn’t bend all over and do squealies on it, it’d be useless to me.

And the usual line that comes in these discussions is the “My guitars don’t go out of tune already”, well, I’d urge ya to go plug into a tuner, tune up, play for 10 minutes and check your tuning, you’ll most likely see some strings are out .01, .03, .02 cents, etc. If you’re recording and double tracking, that’s going to be noticed unless you tune between every single damn take. That shit drives me fucking NUTS. I’m saving about 2 hours worth of tuning for every song I record because of this thing.

And I’m surprised they don’t market this more than the one sentence on their site, but the intonation across and up the neck is absolutely improved as a result; I hadn’t touched this guitar in 6 months, dead ass strings, I just plugged it in, dialed in the most unpleasing tone that would highlight all the beating and recorded this going over maj/min chords and then at the end I’m playing as many octaves in as many positions on the neck at once.

There’s some warbling when I‘m up around the 15th fret because my fingers are too big to barre up there and I was pinching the strings.

cool, i need to watch some vids on these

Getting the initial setup takes some time, but once you do it is so in tune it is like angels singing, with perfect intonation. And easy to adjust a few cents on the B for that VH tuning too, you can surgically dial it in. After proper stretching, it will stay in. Use the same string gauge and tuning and almost no new adjustments are needed.
It is glorious as I always had this anxiety live that I was falling out of tune, always checking it even mid-song. This can go for hours and remain the same, all with natural bending.

I have a real similar guitar that I had in dropC for awhile and now with new strings it is in standard E.

I'll post a pic of mine, it is the same as the OP except for a cosmetic difference and my picikupos are EMGs vs these Duncans. I say do it!

IMG_5102.jpeg

I’m glad other people recognize how cool evertunes are. I have two ESP EC-1000s, one in white with locking tuners and one in black without them. They’re amazing guitars, but expect to swap out the input jack and pickup toggle switch after a certain amount of time because they’re not the highest quality. Easy to fix though.

I don’t even bother stretching the strings honestly. It just works for me when I put on new strings. I don’t think manual mentions stretching either.

I will say it does get a little old taking a minute to dial in the 6th string every time my cover band goes to Drop D tuning or back up to E standard. And stop tail bridges do add a certain twang to the attack that is slightly different to an evertune. But it’s subtle and not better/worse.

Last edited:
Does it effect the sound? I know they take a lot of wood out to install them.

I keep reading, even from people that say they otherwise like it, that these lack sustain on the upper frets. Does that see true for you guys?

Back