Experience in combining VH4 and AxeFxUltra?

• Thread starter Thread starter boba fett
  • Start date Start date
boba fett
boba fett
Hi,
is anyone here, who has some experience in combining a VH4 with the AxeFx ("4-cable-method").
I am willing to get rid of my way too heavy fx-board and also experiment with some different preamps.
I just tweaked the Axefx for about 2 hours (and shurely guess I will have to take way more time), but my first impression was, that the VH4 preamp sounds waay fatter/bigger than the (un-tweaked) Axefx models.
Has someone made similar experience?

greets!

I would expect the real thing to sound better then a modeler. :)

I bought an AFX to just noodle around with in the recording rack and powered it through some active speakers. But, I did experiment one day with it in various methods with the VH4 and Herbie. The only way to use it with the VH4 or any other amp with gain is through the amp's FX loop as a processor only. Shut off all the amp and cab sims and just use the FX. It has quite a compliment of them. Any other way, it is noisy, lots of background noise, hum, etc. So, I never messed with it again. There may be ways around the noise but I didn't care to experiment. The good thing though with using it as FX only with the VH4 is the ability on your VH4 to adjust the mix, that way you can preserve some of the amp tone in parallel. Just my opinion on it.

Steve

PaulyPanacea":3ndcax86 said:
he lives....hope all is well in the sand my man!!

wuz up pauly my man? been busy moving houses, setting up the man cave and all that stuff. trying to practice a little, find a new vocalist and get him metal'd up and keep on top of stuff. been doing a big turn around on tone and loads of experimenting.

sold my uberschall, cab, 2-Marshall heads, cab, splawn nitro, cab. down to my 4 mesa's, 2 diezels, fortin bones and the elmo m90. every time i think the rack is figured out i go "aw fuck" and stick something else in there. its like wiping your ass on a wagon wheel - it never ends :D

steve

Back