FedEx strikes again!

• Thread starter Thread starter dcburn
  • Start date Start date
dcburn
dcburn
We’ve been in our house for over ten years. Between all the spending on bills, vehicles, mower, guitar gear etc. I finally put enough aside to have a sidewalk installed.
There is zero need to back in and the driveway is super wide.
Don’t even have overhead wires, all my power is buried.

Sidewalk is less than a month old…
Bummed isn’t even the word for how I feel.

And I know driveways!
I spent years backing in delivering propane in every shit driveway imaginable.
Around all the Finger Lakes.
I never ran over a sidewalk.

I cant even return the sidewalk to Guitar Center…

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpeg
    IMG_3103.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3100.jpeg
    IMG_3100.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 27
We’ve been in our house for over ten years. Between all the spending on bills, vehicles, mower, guitar gear etc. I finally put enough aside to have a sidewalk installed.
There is zero need to back in and the driveway is super wide.
Don’t even have overhead wires, all my power is buried.

Sidewalk is less than a month old…
Bummed isn’t even the word for how I feel.

And I know driveways!
I spent years backing in delivering propane in every shit driveway imaginable.
Around all the Finger Lakes.
I never ran over a sidewalk.

I cant even return the sidewalk to Guitar Center…
You have proof. Contact Fed Ex. If they refuse to pay to fix it, sue them. You’d win. I suspect they’ll settle.

You have proof. Contact Fed Ex. If they refuse to pay to fix it, sue them. You’d win. I suspect they’ll settle.
Called as soon as I saw it.
Without me knowing, wife called the hub the driver came out of and got a bit more traction that way.
Wife seems to think after the call, this driver may have had some other mistakes?

An inspector has to come out and assess.

FedEx hires drug addicts for employees. UPS pays their drivers a fuckload so they get normal people.
I actually went thru the UPS hiring about six years ago. I actually wanted big truck, hub to hub, but they wanted me for breadbox.

I was told I had the job, only thing left was a driving record check. Told me if all clear I had the job, $32 and change to start with roughly $3 raise after 90 days (could have been six months, can’t remember).

Sweet. Job landed…

Nope.

Pulled my driving record.
Zero points.

Oh wait, an insurance claim for hitting a mirror on another car, while dropping someone off at the Syracuse airport, when the whole place was under construction. No tickets, no points.

Insurance claim got me. Manager was bummed because we interviewed a couple times and genuinely seemed to like me as a potential new employee.

UPS is strict!

Sucks, shitty driver.
After 30 years in my location and the same waste company, one of the drivers couldn’t make it out of the driveway without leaving this:
8B875AF5-A5E0-4C56-BEDF-3CB6711AD1BA.jpeg

FedEx sure delivered in a big way to my sidewalk without cracking it. Now I can busk for the big bucks to pay for any future repairs.

012a76b36cb4d2107c99a5521f5a26c5.jpg

Years ago in my youth when I was delivering propane...

I had a delivery in Middlesex, NY (tiny podunk town off Canandaigua Lake) on Rte364.
Of course people don't like to be able to see their fuel tanks, so the hose pull was maxed at roughly 150' IIRC.

I had ran with that hose coming off the reel on the back of the truck. The more dragging the harder it is to pull. Plus, I made bonuses for how much I got accomplished in a week.

Well, the house had multiple sides to it, sort of like a couple additions.
Got as far past the house as I could so I didnt pull the house against the house rounding the corner.
Still pulled against the house and broke some old asbestos shingles reaching the tank.
Mind you, this was a measly 100# tank, roughly 25 gallons. Wasn't helping my bonus.

I had to pay for the material and repairs out of my own pocket back then...

Years ago in my youth when I was delivering propane...

I had a delivery in Middlesex, NY (tiny podunk town off Canandaigua Lake) on Rte364.
Of course people don't like to be able to see their fuel tanks, so the hose pull was maxed at roughly 150' IIRC.

I had ran with that hose coming off the reel on the back of the truck. The more dragging the harder it is to pull. Plus, I made bonuses for how much I got accomplished in a week.

Well, the house had multiple sides to it, sort of like a couple additions.
Got as far past the house as I could so I didnt pull the house against the house rounding the corner.
Still pulled against the house and broke some old asbestos shingles reaching the tank.
Mind you, this was a measly 100# tank, roughly 25 gallons. Wasn't helping my bonus.

I had to pay for the material and repairs out of my own pocket back then...
I can only imagine the difficult situations a driver/deliver truck can get into, I’ll bet it can be a real PITA. That’s why I mentioned that no drivers through the years had any problems navigating my driveway, it was one guy that got careless and maybe in too much of a hurry.

Back