Finally my custom 8 string is done!! Lots o pics!

• Thread starter Thread starter bulb
  • Start date Start date
B
bulb
Finally, i havent got it yet, but according to fedex i will on tuesday!! I cant wait.
Look at these pics!!
1205061418.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

The luthiers name is Jesse Hall and he is just starting out but he used to work for ESP custom shop before this, get this he is 22 years old! But this guitar looks awesome and although it is technically a prototype he said it didnt come out like a prototype cuz it plays as good as it looks!
I cant wait!!

WOW, I would never use an 8 string guitar but that is fuckin sweet!

:prayer: That is awesome! I dream of getting an 8 string guitar but wow that's amazing.

What do you tune it too?

That fretboard looks wide enough to surf on. Who made the pickups?

Hey man, im probably going to tune it to standard with a low B and a low F# and then sometimes drop that to E!
The pickups are a pair of Lundgren M8's, the lundgren M7 i have in my carvin 7 is my alltime fave pickup so it only made sense (plus they are one of the few companies who offere 8 string pups)
The luthier's name is Jesse Hall, and you can contact him at theillustratedluthier@gmail.com if you have any questions for him or you are interested in a quote. His prices are bound to put some other custom shops out of business!

That looks killer man, what is the scale? Any reason why you went with straight frets as opposed to fanned?

its a 30 inch scale.
I didnt go fanned because i have never played a fanned guitar and they seem to be very hit or miss, i didnt want to take a chance with this guitar, but someday i will try one out and decide for myself whether my next guitar will be fanned.

That looks pretty sweet!!! I'm not sure I'd liek the body shape though. The back just totally owns

HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT. That is awsome, does this guy do regular six strings? Pics of other guitars he makes? I am just really impressed, esspecially the neck.

he will do whatever you want, this was his first attempt at an 8 string (but he did a lot of research and talked to a lot of luthiers to make sure it would not feel like a prototype guitar, and he says it came out great!
http://www.myspace.com/theillustratedluthier
thats his myspace and it has some pics
you can always send him a message there if you want a quote!

So I got my 8 and i recorded a crappy little clip. Not mixed or anything, and the bass is octaved but i go wayy too low for the bass in this clip i think its as low as Db on the heavy part haha, i badly need thicker strings for the bass now.
Its a really short clip, first riff is that djenty riff, second is just a short clean riff that uses all 8 strings... (the second clip was recorded in standard tuning but a half step down i think...)
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/default.cfm?bandID=147108&content=song&songID=4770590

When I saw your guitar, the first thing that came to mind was Meshuggah since its an 8. And that clip didn' let me down :D. awesome clip man

Back