Fish has arrived

• Thread starter Thread starter rockerjt
  • Start date Start date
rockerjt
rockerjt
`Got it about 90 minutes ago, all racked up and played a bit. Great sounds (I actually like the Shark channel too). I am using a Mosvalve 962 for a power amp, and it sounds a little stiff, but I can imagine how much better it will be when I get a good power amp. Having said that, it is bad-ass as is. Very pleased.

Will post pics and clips as I get to them.

JT

100_3885.jpg

100_3886.jpg

glassjaw7":1hthfc2o said:
Congrats!
Thanks. Sounds good, but the more I play with it, the less I like the Shark channel, and the more obvious it becomes that I need a better power amp. Soon.............maybe, LOL.

No love for the shark channel?

Man, I love that channel. Definitely a "sensitive" channel to tweak
but it has its rewards. Keep messing with it and hopefully you'll get
a setting that you like.

Cheers!

Man, I am running into a wall cash-wise. Can't afford a new power amp (one channel on the Mosvalve just bit the dust) or a couple of other components I need for the rack. I may end up having to sell the Fish out of necessity; the rack is becoming a money pit, and the band is ready to start gigging, and my rig is incomplete. This sucks.

Do yourself a favor and save up $ for a VHT power amp. I've played the Fish thru a 2150 and a 2/90/2 and they both sounded great.

Kicking myself right now; there is a 2150 someone is selling here for $1400; if I only had the coin.

dannyr":1edsl7jy said:
Do yourself a favor and save up $ for a VHT power amp. I've played the Fish thru a 2150 and a 2/90/2 and they both sounded great.

Mine landed too........brand new one with a Cantrell mod. Still picking my way around it after finally finding a fucking footswitch that would work....

First impressions for me is that it is different than anything of Bogner's that I have ever owned. Running it through a Fryette 2/50/2.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be out fishing :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Steve

Let me know how you like it with the 2502; I've resigned myself to saving the cash to get one of those or A 2:90. Do you love the Cantrell mod? I may have that done to mine eventually.
steve_k":vb0b77xb said:
Mine landed too........brand new one with a Cantrell mod. Still picking my way around it after finally finding a fucking footswitch that would work....

First impressions for me is that it is different than anything of Bogner's that I have ever owned. Running it through a Fryette 2/50/2.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be out fishing :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Steve

I like it (Cantrell mod). Don't love it, but I like it :D It can be a little noisy and definitely will need some gating to control. I actually dig the Stratos about as good as any of them. The Brown is nice and fat too. The depth controls on the Fryette maybe are contributing a lot to that, as are two Bogner 412 cabs. Its all a good combination.

Steve

rockerjt":3gfctghc said:
Let me know how you like it with the 2502; I've resigned myself to saving the cash to get one of those or A 2:90. Do you love the Cantrell mod? I may have that done to mine eventually.
steve_k":3gfctghc said:

Steve

Back