Fortin Fuzz Opinions

braintheory

Have any of you guys tried the new Fortin Fuzz? If so, how do you like it? And for those here who know all the technical details, is it based off of any other pedal like his other stuff?

lol. The guys on the stompbox forum will reverse engineer it and determine what it is based on and if it’s a copy of anything.

I'm curious about the Fortin fuzz too... but am leaning towards a Dunwich Wizard fuzz.

I'm leaning towards nothing since Cam just delivered a 2203 that's not based on the Fortin rip off mod :gethim:

Waiting for clips of these, curious to see how it sounds.

As for if it's based on something else, fuzz circuits are pretty simple so most are really similar and stuff that varies are number and arrangement of transistors etc etc etc. What will be fun is if it is a direct copy of something else watching the fanboys, paid or otherwise, try to deny it and distract from it while any mention of it gets deleted from the Fortin groups.

I made a short clip the other day, nothing special just a little screwing around with it for a sec.
When the green light is on the amp, it's the fuzz into the clean channel of the amp.

Everything Fortin does sounds like it is crushing mankind when it is played. Really heavy but I am not sure if it is super versatile. For what it does though, it is tops.

UberschallEL34":2q1jc1yi said:

I made a short clip the other day, nothing special just a little screwing around with it for a sec.
When the green light is on the amp, it's the fuzz into the clean channel of the amp.

That sounds good!

I've got the Fortin Fuzz...it's simple and effective. I'm not too big on fuzz pedals, i've got a JHS Calhoun also, and can get pretty close with it to the Fuzz with the EQ dialed in. Been just mainly using the Fuzz through my 64 Fender Super Reverb for a little dirt. I think the Fortin fuzz is a bit lackluster though unless you crank the fuzz at least 3/4 of the way, and has a pretty big volume drop for anything before it, where you have to crank the volume to compensate.

For what it’s worth I briefly had the Fortin Fuzz, but it went packing fast. It wasn’t bad, but got absolutely obliterated by my Foxx Tone Machines (both a reissue and an original). Sounded so neutered in comparison. It was though very quiet like the other Fortin pedals tend to be, so it has that going for it and it has a voicing that somehow reminds me in a way of the other Fortins like the 33 and Grind even though they’re completely different types of pedals, but if you’re looking for a raw, thick, organic, growly Fuzz like I am then look elsewhere

I even preferred my Danelectro French Toast. It’s not as good as the Foxx Tone Machines, but made me sell many other boutique fuzzes and at $40 brand new is a steal

Back