Found

• Thread starter Thread starter tonesfoyobones
  • Start date Start date
T
tonesfoyobones
Found off forum. Mods please delete. Thank you

Good luck man! One of the best amps EVER IMHO! Such a unique blend of old school and modern all wrapped up in that mode four Ch2. Pure metal bliss :rock:
I'm still absolutely :inlove: with mine after 6 months. Brings the grins every time :rock:

Just an FYI for what its worth, but ENGL is discontinuing the Savage 120 and currently is developing a Savage II. I was told that from Martin of ENGL support Germany.

MetalHeadMike":221chqnd said:
Good luck man! One of the best amps EVER IMHO! Such a unique blend of old school and modern all wrapped up in that mode four Ch2. Pure metal bliss :rock:
I'm still absolutely :inlove: with mine after 6 months. Brings the grins every time :rock:

Just an FYI for what its worth, but ENGL is discontinuing the Savage 120 and currently is developing a Savage II. I was told that from Martin of ENGL support Germany.

Agreed! Ran one for 6 years and loved it. Only got replaced by a Steve Morse Engl. At that time I was getting into some more organic, open type tones. Been all around the amp world since but really looking to get back into my comfort zone as its been awhile.

Did not know about the Savage II. Spoke with a great rep when they discontinued it due to a vital internal part that was no longer being made by an outside company. Was hoping they would try another run but wasn't holding my breath especially since I seen that Marty got a signature head. Either way I'd still like an earlier one. Curious as to how the new one will be.

Thanks for the heads up my good man!

tonesfoyobones":23mbgqcd said:
MetalHeadMike":23mbgqcd said:

Agreed! Ran one for 6 years and loved it. Only got replaced by a Steve Morse Engl. At that time I was getting into some more organic, open type tones. Been all around the amp world since but really looking to get back into my comfort zone as its been awhile.

Did not know about the Savage II. Spoke with a great rep when they discontinued it due to a vital internal part that was no longer being made by an outside company. Was hoping they would try another run but wasn't holding my breath especially since I seen that Marty got a signature head. Either way I'd still like an earlier one. Curious as to how the new one will be.

Thanks for the heads up my good man!

I've heard that Morse head is pretty sick; would love to try that one :2thumbsup:

Not sure if your aware also, but the post 2011 Savage 120's have a larger output tranny. Not sure if their were any other component tweaks, but mine's a 2014, and I can't get it to sound anywhere near as processed/compressed sounding as some of the typically recorded Savage 120 tones (E.g. Exodus). Which I don't necessarily want... :dunno: Maybe those ultra processed Savage 120 tones are the result of pedal use and studio processing. Mine sounds saturated for sure but fairly organic to my ears.

Back