Frustrating pedalboard issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Slideman
  • Start date Start date
S
Slideman
Hi guys, just joined in the hope of getting some advice to solve a pedalboard issue.

For a recent run of gigs I needed to add an acoustic DI to my main pedalboard. I also wanted to use 1 or 2 of the pedals for the acoustic side. So I added a Mooer ABY switch at the end of the pedal chain, one side of which goes to my electric guitar amp and the other to a Baggs Para acoustic DI and then to the mixing board. The switch works perfectly when it's not in the pedal chain, but one side only operates when it is. It's not a wiring issue, every connention has been checked and double-checked. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas?

This is the signal path
Boss TU2
Origin Effects Sliderig Compressor
Digitech Drop
EHX B9
Source Audio Luna
T-Rex Octavius
Digitech Mosaic
EHX Soul Food
Rivera Double Shaman
Tech 21 Blonde
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
ABY Switch

There'e also a Strymon Flint and El Capistan which are usually in the amp's FX loop, but occasionally come after the vol pedal

It'a all powered by a Diago 3amp PSU

any suggestions appreciated

Fixed. It was a PSU issue. An isolation adaptor on the Baggs DI cured it

I assume you tried swapping the two outputs to see if the problem stays with the pedal? Also did you try introducing each individual to the signal chain to see if one specific pedal was for some reason causing problems? I've had problems with ABY switches not working properly because they were not being supplied with the proper amount of current or voltage. Hard to say....

As mentioned previously try switching outputs, introducing one pedal at the time and verify power source. Is there any options on your ABY switcher that might not be set properly. In any way, I just wanted to say I am using Lehle SGOS switcher in stereo and it is simply amazing. Your pedal should also have both isolated output by a transformer in the pedal, cuz some that dont have them, might run into some phase problems. (I don't think it has to do with your problem) Maybe there is too much effects and your switcher isn't happy..?! Check out the Lehle switcher;

http://lehle.com/EN/Lehle-Dual-SGoS

Good Luck!

Back