Furman AR-2306... GOOD ENOUGH ???

• Thread starter Thread starter Benkenove
  • Start date Start date
Benkenove
Benkenove
Hello guys.-.. NEED ADVISE... I'm a little new about this so need your advise/help

I have bought the Furman AR-2306 voltage regulator...

I would like to know what do you all think about it... Is good enough by itself ??

Mi rig is this:

* DIEZEL HERBERT
* DIEZEL 4x12 front loaded cabs
* DIEZEL Columbus midi pedalboard
* Eventide Eclipse
* ISP Decimator ProRackG
* Korg DTR-2000 rack tuner

Do you think it would be enough to protect my rig ???

What do you think about its "power conditioning" funtion.. ?? Does it have a good power condionting system ?? or should I buy an extra one ?? like the PL-plus or something like that ???

Another question I dont understand... what is the funtion of the amp ?? I mean, I have read this in the specs:
The AR-2306 can handle loads totaling up to 6 amps as long as the input voltage is above 124 volts. For voltages below that level, its capacity must be derated at approximately .15 ampere per volt.

I really dont know what does it means !!! Anybody can explain me that ?? PLEASE ???
What is the difference between 6Amp - 15Amp... or 30Amp voltage regulator ??? is a 6Amp a shit ???

Thank you so much, and excuse my noobie questions

Ben.

In a halfway "normal" environment you won't have a problem with the AR-2306 considering your rig. I use one for some years now together with a Diezel VH-4 and several rack effects - it works flawless and helps a lot to keep my sound consistent, .

"The AR-2306 can handle loads totaling up to 6 amps as long as the input voltage is above 124 volts. For voltages below that level, its capacity must be derated at approximately .15 ampere per volt."

Somewhat hard to explain, but I'll give it a try. If the input voltage ist 124V or higher, the AR-2306 can feed the connected devices with 6 amps current. If your input voltage is 114V there are only 4,5 amps available:

10V under 124V means 10 * 0.15 amps less.

Amp or ampere is the unit of measurement for current. So a 30 ampere voltage regulator would give you more available current. Considering your rig I'd say, that 6 amps is more than enough. 15, 30 amps (or more) are needed if you work with big power amplifiers (PA) or lighting systems.

Btw, congrats on your noobie rig ;-)

Thank you so much for your answer... really appreciated...

Now I understand it a LITTLE MORE ;) so thanks !!!

As I told before, I have bought an AR-2306 to protect my rig... and I will improve my rig with some more stuff... This is how my rig will look when I complete it:

* DIEZEL HERBERT
* DIEZEL 4x12 front loaded cabs
* DIEZEL Columbus midi pedalboard

* Eventide Eclipse
* ISP Decimator ProRackG
* Korg DTR-2000 rack tuner
* FURMAN AR-2306
* NADY U-2000 GT wireless

* FURMAN PL-PRO E II ???

Do you think it would be necessary to get a PL power conditioner or with the AR-2306 would be more than enough ??

Thank you all for your help.

P.S. if you have any good idea to complete/improve my rig, go on !!! I love to hear advises !!!

Ben

I'd say the AR-2306 would be enough:

"The AR-2306 also features power conditioning that is truly in a class by itself, thanks to the quantity, quality and configuration of the overvoltage suppression devices used. These include MOV's, high voltage inductors and capacitors, and precise high-inrush magnetic circuit breakers. This unique combination can safely divert large spikes as well as filter audible high frequency noise." (taken from the Furman page)

If I needed rack illumination , then I would buy a special unit - this would be a lot cheaper than the PL-Pro.

Don't know about a way to improve your rig, because I don't know, what music you're playing or what sounds you're after. The Eclipse is a great unit, so I don't think you need another digital effects processor. Maybe an expression pedal and/or a tap tempo switch for the Eclipse could be interesting for you (as far as I remember it has two inputs for pedals/switches).

If you're into analog sounds, you could add some nice pedals and use them through the insert loops of your Herbert or a rack integrated switching system. I use three pedals in the channel inserts of my VH-4 (tremolo, analog delay, chorus/flanger) and love it.

Thanks for your answers...

Well, I'm playing somthing like DEATH MELODIC METAL...something Like IN FLAMES, DARK TRANQUILLITY, SOILWORK (you can make you an idea about the sound).

We dont use to have a "soloist" style, with infinite changes as Petrucci or Satriani, so I guess I wont need to much extra stuff (what do you think ? ).

I think I wont get that PL-PLUS then, ( I had here many things about it.. necessary, not... was not sure), In any case, I think I can rest in peace with that Ar-2306 )

Let's see when it finally arrives ;)

Thanks

Back