Votes: 15 100.0%
  • GT-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L
LordOVchaoS
Which one and why? I basically want a good delay, EQ, reverb, and gate with some amp switching options. Are there better options? Amp switching is not a must but is preferred.

The G Major does all the things you want and sounds great too. And it also has a tuner built in as well. All it does is effects and it doesn't color your sound too much. And if I'm not mistaken it's cheaper than the GT-8. The GT-8 does amp modeling, I guess it would be good if you had an amp that sucked and you relied on the unit for your sound but you've got a pretty good amp already. So I'd stay away from the GT-8 if I were you.

Yeah, stay away from the GT8 if you have a good amp. God knows, they sound like shit for effects. What the hell does Thump know about tone, anyways?

Seriously... I have both, the G-major is for sale. $300 and it's yours. It's a little more hi-fi, but the GT8 has more effects, is a hell of a lot more versatile, and even without the amp modelling I prefer the flange and chorus on it. Maybe I'm just used to Boss stompboxes, but the GT8 works better for me.

Pete

I actually like the chorus and flange on the GT-8 over the Gmajor too. Not sure why but I can hear it better...on the GMajor, I really had to up the parameters to even know that it's there. The delays are about even for me on both. The reverbs I'm not sure because I use my amp's reverb. I like that the GT has alot more effects to play with too and the amp modelling sounds 100 times better than the XTLive I had. I think the biggest difference is the 4 cable method allowing you to run effects anywhere you want.

So SkyhighRocks, you've decided to keep the GT-8 even after all the troubles you went throught with the "hum" thing and the channel switcher preset.

I've read most of your stories here, on HCAF and at the Boss GT central.

As an owner of a DSL too, the GT-8 looked like the perfect FX unit for me, but since you posted about it... I'm not so sure anymore.

BenoA":078eb said:
So SkyhighRocks, you've decided to keep the GT-8 even after all the troubles you went throught with the "hum" thing and the channel switcher preset.

I've read most of your stories here, on HCAF and at the Boss GT central.

As an owner of a DSL too, the GT-8 looked like the perfect FX unit for me, but since you posted about it... I'm not so sure anymore.

yeah I decided to at least keep it for awhile longer to make sure. I used it at rehearsal last night and liked it. Can get some great tones with the amp sims...and still be able to use my amp's preamp anytime I want. If I need to change channels on my amp, I just use my 1 button footswitch but I'm not even sure that I will need to. I kept it on the green channel all night last night. I used the Gt for cleans, my amp for a marshall high gain sounds with some of the GT stomps and then used the GT for really high gain stuff like a dual rec...sounded damn good.

Thanks buddy!

But I still think it sucks that you can not switch the Marshall channels with the GT-8. :(

I think I'll stick with my pedals for now...

I think there's a way out there somewhere...hopefully I'll stumble onto it.

Have any of you tried the TC Electronic G-Sharp?
Not as midi complicated as the G-Major, but has great tones.

I had the G-Force, and after a year of use, let it go for a simpler, faster, kinder method of tweaking while on stage.

stratotone":766e1 said:
Yeah, stay away from the GT8 if you have a good amp. God knows, they sound like shit for effects. What the hell does Thump know about tone, anyways?

Seriously... I have both, the G-major is for sale. $300 and it's yours. It's a little more hi-fi, but the GT8 has more effects, is a hell of a lot more versatile, and even without the amp modelling I prefer the flange and chorus on it. Maybe I'm just used to Boss stompboxes, but the GT8 works better for me.

Pete

love my GT8 as well, used the G-Major for a while, was even offered one for a great price, I chose to overpay slightly (but with trade in) for a GT8, just works better for what I want.... and it sounds great :)

Back