George L's cables

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam Laming
  • Start date Start date
Sam Laming
Sam Laming
After being recommended these quite alot I've decided to use them to connect all my rig together, I've found this site;

http://www.georgels.co.uk/instrumentcables.htm

and I just woundered if I've got the right cables, I don't like spending too much money but it says 'cost effective' at the top of the page? just curious if I've got the wrong George L cables...

I think they are ok-ish, it depends on what you want.

What are you going to hook up with them?

okish? I thought they were supposed to be really good :?

Well I'm hooking them up from my Diezel Herbert to it's cab, 2 cables for the effects loop and 2 out front for an effects pedal and I'm going to get a planet waves connector to go in between as I'm not sure George L makes the tiny wireless connectors...

I prefer soldered cables both for tone and performance. The one in your link is fine, they also have one with a thinner jacket but it's the same cable inside.

>|<>QBB<
Sam Laming":08d65 said:
okish? I thought they were supposed to be really good :?

Well I'm hooking them up from my Diezel Herbert to it's cab, 2 cables for the effects loop and 2 out front for an effects pedal and I'm going to get a planet waves connector to go in between as I'm not sure George L makes the tiny wireless connectors...

I think they are to bright sounding and I prefer to use Mogami cable (2524), there's a bit to much hype around the George Ls to me, good cable but there's better that won't cost you more. Check out http://www.lavacable.com!

hmmmm what cables to get :?

mainly I play Death metal, touch style, Beethoven, Muse haha hmmmmmmmmm

I havent had any problems with mine, I found that they're more durable than monster.

Lava Man or bayou cable .com
I like the Canare Cable, I could hear a difference when I switch over.
I think it's about the best cable for the money.

One good thing about George L's is if they short out on an end they are easy as hell to fix. Just take out the screw on that end, pull it out, cut off a little, stick it back in, tighten the screw, and the cable is good as new.

Back