Getting my baby back

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueParfait
  • Start date Start date
BlueParfait
BlueParfait
My main guitar'd been a bit faded for a while now.

So I sent it to the builder to have it refinished

So we went with a slightly different color this time.

Will be getting it back within the week

Messenger_creation_B17A3C3E-1CD3-4934-B0CE-302D49934066.jpeg
Messenger_creation_687EAE17-5707-49B1-8620-C7E48C82D8E2.jpeg
Messenger_creation_254FF598-6A63-48FC-8074-C69630BC4B38.jpeg
Messenger_creation_3BB7152F-CB59-4856-9AD9-14A1150E1FBC.jpeg

NICE! Looks great.

Is the back and sides Taos turquoise? I painted a strat body with Gracey's lacquer rattle cans in that color some years ago. One of my favorites.

NICE! Looks great.

Is the back and sides Taos turquoise? I painted a strat body with Gracey's lacquer rattle cans in that color some years ago. One of my favorites.

The builder's day job is an auto paint shop he runs with his wife, so the sides and back color are was just something he mixed up for me that I chose

Wow that looks absolutely amazing!!

Who is this guy?

Assuming that's the same guitar in your avatar, I'd say quite an improvement. It's gorgeous.

Assuming that's the same guitar in your avatar, I'd say quite an improvement. It's gorgeous.
Hahaha it is! Thanks

See I noticed how my Tom Anderson's finish looks so good, how it appears to glow in the dark even. So I emailed Anderson to ask them how they did it, if it's not a trade secret, and Tom gave me quite a detailed tip on what dyes to use.

So we gave that a try and it looks gorgeous

Hahaha it is! Thanks

See I noticed how my Tom Anderson's finish looks so good, how it appears to glow in the dark even. So I emailed Anderson to ask them how they did it, if it's not a trade secret, and Tom gave me quite a detailed tip on what dyes to use.

So we gave that a try and it looks gorgeous
That's fantastic that he shared the info. Anderson is top notch and class.
What Andersons do you have?
The top on that guitar is stunning. The contrast in colors, top vs back, separated by the natural wood binding, is super tasty. Great job.

That's fantastic that he shared the info. Anderson is top notch and class.
What Andersons do you have?
The top on that guitar is stunning. The contrast in colors, top vs back, separated by the natural wood binding, is super tasty. Great job.
My first Anderson was a used 2011 Drop Top Classic

I loved it, but for some really stupid reason I refuse to remember, I sold it. Realized my mistake and ordered a new one, like 2 weeks afterwards

While the new one was being made, there was that brown on, murky one for sale for, like, 1.5k. So I got that, had it refinished to purple. Recently sold it to a friend who wanted one. It's a great guitar and will serve him well.

So right now I have the blue one with the orange-lined hardcase

Attachments

• 1000014762.jpg
    1000014762.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 1000013570.jpg
    1000013570.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 1000013514.jpg
    1000013514.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 1000014303.jpg
    1000014303.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
My first Anderson was a used 2011 Drop Top Classic

I loved it, but for some really stupid reason I refuse to remember, I sold it. Realized my mistake and ordered a new one, like 2 weeks afterwards

While the new one was being made, there was that brown on, murky one for sale for, like, 1.5k. So I got that, had it refinished to purple. Recently sold it to a friend who wanted one. It's a great guitar and will serve him well.

So right now I have the blue one with the orange-lined hardcase
Dang, that purple. Same friend do the paint? Really made that top pop. $1.5k and some paint = pure sexy. Very cool of you to sell to your friend.
The blue is beautiful, too.
You're not alone. My friend had an Icon. Sold it, for some stupid reason he doesn't remember. Missed it, ordered another one, same spec, different color.
His newer Icon is easily the best playing Strat style I've picked up. I don't have to think, it's like instant mind-guitar connection, my hands are there. Closest I've ever gotten to playing the way I do in my dreams. lol
He keeps trying to convince me to order one. But the $!!! And he won't sell me his.

Dang, that purple. Same friend do the paint? Really made that top pop. $1.5k and some paint = pure sexy. Very cool of you to sell to your friend.
The blue is beautiful, too.
You're not alone. My friend had an Icon. Sold it, for some stupid reason he doesn't remember. Missed it, ordered another one, same spec, different color.
His newer Icon is easily the best playing Strat style I've picked up. I don't have to think, it's like instant mind-guitar connection, my hands are there. Closest I've ever gotten to playing the way I do in my dreams. lol
He keeps trying to convince me to order one. But the $!!! And he won't sell me his.
Yup, same guy

And yeah. The older Andes are great, but the newer ones are mind-bogglingly good

Received it today

Forgot how much I loved the neck profile

Attachments

• IMG20241004181859.jpg
    IMG20241004181859.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
That's a good looking guitar............Congrats!:2thumbsup:

Back