Gift idea for friend's 70th

GuitarGuy08

Hello RT!

My good gear buddy is turning 70 today! Crazy to think I'm less than half his age.

Trying to think of something to get him. I don't have a lot of cash so less than $100 would be great. The problem? What do you get a retired guy who can basically buy whatever gear he wants??

I am leaning towards something fun/sentimental but something guitar/music related would be key.

I don't have any extra pedals lying around and nothing is coming to mind that he probably doesn't already have.

Thoughts/ideas?

Mods, please move this post to the correct forum if needed. TIA everybody.

Hello RT!

My good gear buddy is turning 70 today! Crazy to think I'm less than half his age.

Trying to think of something to get him. I don't have a lot of cash so less than $100 would be great. The problem? What do you get a retired guy who can basically buy whatever gear he wants??

I am leaning towards something fun/sentimental but something guitar/music related would be key.

I don't have any extra pedals lying around and nothing is coming to mind that he probably doesn't already have.

Thoughts/ideas?

Mods, please move this post to the correct forum if needed. TIA everybody.
I have a Greer LightSpeed clone ..... and a Cornish G-2 clone .... could let either one of those go for 100.00 shipped

I have a few other older pedals of mine hanging around ....

Geritol Liquid High Potency Vitamin & Iron Supplement, with Ferrex Tonic - 12 fl oz

Look for a used pedal on Reverb. Maybe one of those Hatsune Miku pedals?

Oh gosh, I looked at the price on Reverb and people want upwards of $600 for those pedals. It's a novelty, but I don't know why people are so greedy.

How about these hologram Hatsune Miku picks? Only 37.50. I'm sure they'll be collectible, like the pedal.

https://reverb.com/item/67997105-esp-hatsune-miku-pick-set
I have a Miku pedal; they were going for even more; I had to order mine new, and direct from Japan when they were first released. Apparently, Korg didn't make too many, and it was initially for the domestic Japanese market only where Miku was most popular.

I'll sell mine when they hit $1000 :D

As an update: The GLO pedal was even better than I imagined it would be. It was the perfect gift, and "You didn't have to do that" was said many times. It does make me a touch sad that all of my good friends are at least 20 years my senior. I'm going to be a lonely guy before too long I guess. Anyway, another big win from Griffin Analog!!!

As an update: The GLO pedal was even better than I imagined it would be. It was the perfect gift, and "You didn't have to do that" was said many times. It does make me a touch sad that all of my good friends are at least 20 years my senior. I'm going to be a lonely guy before too long I guess. Anyway, another big win from Griffin Analog!!!

Wayne makes absolutely fantastic stuff :rawk:

H

Hell yeah he does. I have 2 of his pedals and they rock. Want to get a Glo for myself as well. My buddy said that if I just waited a little while I could get this one back. Kind of a dark joke lol
LOL that's actually a good one, I like your friend already

The Lightspeed is an excellent circuit

Glad he likes it !!

Wayne makes absolutely fantastic stuff :rawk:
Thanks Dan .... much appreciated !!!
H

Hell yeah he does. I have 2 of his pedals and they rock. Want to get a Glo for myself as well. My buddy said that if I just waited a little while I could get this one back. Kind of a dark joke lol
LOL that's actually a good one, I like your friend already

The Lightspeed is an excellent circuit
I literally just revised the graphics for this and will be building at least five of them .... be ready in a week or so ...

Back