*Given Away*- 100% fake EMG 81 85 set

• Thread starter Thread starter GJgo
  • Start date Start date
GJgo
GJgo
*GONZO!!*

So I got scammed buying a set of EMG 81/85 off eBay, I should have known these were fake when the seller was from South Florida... Anyway, I knew as soon as I opened them. eBay made it right on my end & I hate to throw anything away. Who knows, maybe they sound good!

Anyone want a 100% fake set of EMG 81/85 to mess with? They're free, just cover me $10 for shipping & they're yours. Before I ship them I will permanently scribe FAKE on the back so that there is no doubt going forward.

IMG_1742.jpg

Last edited:
So how can you tell?
Obviously I’ve missed something.

So how can you tell?
Obviously I’ve missed something.
EMG logos look too big and off, I bet they are just printed on. Most obvious thing though is the connectors. Look up a picture of what the back of the real ones look like and you’ll see the differences. Real ones are gold and there is a plastic piece that holds the pins together.

According to Glenn, pickups totes don't matter and don't sound or feel different, because he is either too gay or too Canadian to understand how failure of methodology works in scientific experiments

Its what happens when midwits FuCkInG LoVe ScIEnCe
:^O

It is time to invade Canada. No more Canada mini vacays to get cheap Costco shit. It's over. I am sick and tired of Canada and you icebacks are smart to lay down arms when the Day Of Rake comes.
lol icebacks....this thread totally delivers. I'm actually going to be moving up to Maine pretty soon and won't be too far from Canada. Ya'll wanna use my house as a home base and jam on all my guitars while we plan our invasion?

lol icebacks....this thread totally delivers. I'm actually going to be moving up to Maine pretty soon and won't be too far from Canada. Ya'll wanna use my house as a home base and jam on all my guitars while we plan our invasion?
You better get trail cameras every 50 feet with these mooseknuckles prowlin about. I'll tell you what, the stories I hear.

SOOOOOLD! Ish. Thanks guys. Hope someone gets some stoke from these. Also this thread is awesome. HAHAHAI work with a Canadian & he got ultra butt hurt when I played Blame Canada from South Park.

The differences are blatant in hand. First, they are WAY too light. Also the plastic casting on the back is way off, and the infill isn't level. Plus the plastic pin seperator is missing & the pins just look like they were bent by a child. Which they probably were. And, Dade County. Scam central.

SOOOOOLD! Ish. Thanks guys. Hope someone gets some stoke from these. Also this thread is awesome. HAHAHAI work with a Canadian & he got ultra butt hurt when I played Blame Canada from South Park.

The differences are blatant in hand. First, they are WAY too light. Also the plastic casting on the back is way off, and the infill isn't level. Plus the plastic pin seperator is missing & the pins just look like they were bent by a child. Which they probably were. And, Dade County. Scam central.

Are they actual pickups, or something made to look like pickups?

Are they actual pickups, or something made to look like pickups?
Never plugged them in. That said they went through enough trouble to copy them as well as they did, and they do have some weight, so I have to assume they are actual pickups.

Back