Golfers

• Thread starter Thread starter Artjr
  • Start date Start date
Artjr
Artjr
Who else plays golf on here... What's you handicap? Best round? Hole n ones ? Equipment? Nicest course you played..

I play about every other weekend at my local municipal. Not a great golfer...I can break 90 on a good day. I rarely keep score as I'm just there to get out of the house, get some exercise (I walk with a push cart), and play with friends. For me, I have to work on my short game between rounds to play my best, but I'd rather commit that time to guitar.

I played a lot when I was younger got as low as a 4 handicap a round of 68 and have 2 hole in ones. Started playing again last year and realized how much I missed it. I also like walking early evenings with a push cart, it's a very peaceful atmosphere .

I played a lot when I was younger got as low as a 4 handicap a round of 68 and have 2 hole in ones. Started playing again last year and realized how much I missed it. I also like walking early evenings with a push cart, it's a very peaceful atmosphere .
Wow, +4 is phenomenal! I've had some near misses, but never a hole in one.

Wish I would've played more during my youth. Grew up in the suburbs of Houston and golf was too $$$ for my family. We would go visit my grandmother in AR during the summer and my dad and I would play a few rounds at Bay Ridge/Lion's Den, which is still John Daly's home course. Dad is a preacher's kid and golf was the only time I'd hear him use curse words and be generally miserable, so at the time I couldn't figure out why anyone played the game.

Played in a scramble on Monday and with temps in the triple digits locally, I'll be playing a round in the mountains this afternoon to beat the heat.

Here’s a picture from today’s round. Wild horses roaming around on the course.

8E015E2F-6C58-4F94-84DC-21963ED8E379.jpeg

Avid golfer here. Best handicap, 7.2. I played as a young man but quit the game for 20 years while raising a family. I didn't have time for guitars and golf during those years. Now that I'm an empty nester I have time again.

I injured my rotator cuff last year so I'm rebuilding my swing after 8 months off. Handicap has jumped to 11.8 but that'll get fixed. I was hoping to get my handicap below 5 but maybe not this year.

I'm playing a mix of clubs. I got fitted by a world class fitter - a bucket list item. Cobra driver, Ping fairway wood, Taylor Made hybrids, Miura irons, Volkey wedges, and an Edel putter. Bridgestone Tiger Woods balls.

No holes in one - yet.

I joined the club that's about a mile away from my house. Tough, NARROW course with a lot of trees. No spray and pray there!

No wild horses on the course but I did shoot this eagle (with my phone)

Eagle.jpg

Single Donnie loves golf, you think he would have posted something here? Oh wait, I see he just did, never mind.

Got it as low as an 8 years back before I got in the business. I work for a Golf Course Construction Company, here's a shot of a course we just finished renovating and had the chance to play in a tournament on this past Monday. Course is Aviara Golf Club in Carlsbad, CA.

70951619498__961C95BF-0DAE-4E20-A37E-5686E75CA02E.jpeg

Got it as low as an 8 years back before I got in the business. I work for a Golf Course Construction Company, here's a shot of a course we just finished renovating and had the chance to play in a tournament on this past Monday. Course is Aviara Golf Club in Carlsbad, CA.

View attachment 219844
that's sweet....Looks like someone in your group has the new long drive spot.

Back